Searchespro.com is a browser hijacker that does not provide any useful services. If you noticed that Searchespro.com has hijacked your browser, then you must have recently installed freeware and used Default settings. This is how most users end up with browser hijackers. It’s important to note that Searchespro.com is not a malicious computer virus and will not harm your computer directly. Searchespro.com might cause annoying redirects and gather information about you and then sell it to third parties. Even your personal information could be a risk and redirects might lead to unsafe domains. So not only could Searchespro.com potentially obtain your name, it could also expose you to malware. We recommend you delete Searchespro.com.
Why should I uninstall Searchespro.com?
As we’ve said before, you usually install browser hijackers along with freeware. This is called the bundling method and it’s still very popular among such item developers. Basically, they are attached in a way that allows them to install without your knowledge. If you Default settings, that is. Those settings do not show you any added items and they automatically install. In order to avoid unwanted installations, use Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation. Those settings will allow you to view and deselect any added items. You can then proceed with freeware installation without worrying about unwanted items.
Once it’s on your computer, it will hijack your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, and alter settings. Your homepage and new tabs will be set to Searchespro.com. And you might not be able to restore the settings unless you first remove Searchespro.com from your computer. The search engine Searchespro.com provides is Bing.com. So there really is no use in keeping Searchespro.com. It should not be able to insert sponsored websites into the search results. This is quite peculiar because browser hijackers usually exists to redirect users to sponsored websites so that owners could earn money. Searchespro.com cannot do that via search engine. However, it could generate pop-ups or ads to do the same thing. It also seems that Searchespro.com collects certain information about you. It includes non-personal information such as IP addresses, websites you visit, etc. It can also gather personal information such a email address, name and any information your provide yourself. That information could be then sold to third-parties. That really does not sound like a reliable application. It does not even provide anything useful. We suggest you remove Searchespro.com as soon as possible.
In order to uninstall Searchespro.com, we recommend you use anti-malware software. It will delete Searchespro.com easily and you will not need to do anything. In case you do not have anti-malware software, you can erase Searchespro.com manually. A guide to help you with Searchespro.com removal will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchespro.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchespro.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchespro.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchespro.com and related programs.
Remove Searchespro.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchespro.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchespro.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchespro.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchespro.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchespro.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchespro.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchespro.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchespro.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchespro.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.