Searchlock3.com Removal Instructions (Uninstall Searchlock3.com)
Searchlock3.com falls into the category of browser hijackers, because it can alter your browser settings without your notice. It travels in freeware bundles and usually arrives with potentially unwanted programs. The hijacker’s main goal is to boost web traffic as that is how it makes profit for its developers.
This is why it not only causes browser settings modifications, but also insert adverts into your opened pages, causes redirects to unfamiliar sites, tracks your cookies, and more. You will notice these symptoms in all of your browsers, because the hijacker is compatible with all major web browsers. If you want to eliminate all unwanted changes made by the hijacker, you will have to remove Searchlock3.com.
As it has already been mentioned, Searchlock3.com gets distributed in free software bundles. It gets attached to the software and is presented in its installation wizard. The hijacker and other potentially unwanted programs are usually presented as additional offers. You can decline these offers, however, in order to do that you need to choose the Advanced installation mode and pay careful attention to the setup. Most computer users fail to do so, which is how they end up with unnecessary applications. If you wish to avoid that in the future, always decline all optional offers of unfamiliar programs presented to you in the wizard.
How does Searchlock3.com work?
The first thing that you will notice after the hijacker takes over is that your browser settings have been modified. Your home page and default search provider are now set to Searchlock3.com. This site may not look that much different from other pages that present users with search services, however, that does not mean that you can trust it. If you see any adverts on the page, make sure not to click on them as they may be fake. The same goes for the sponsored links that will be inserted into the search results brought to you by your new search engine. In general, you should know that none of the advertising data that the hijacker floods you with is monitored by anyone, so you click on it at your own risk.
Interacting with fake adverts could lead to various consequences. You may unwittingly infect your PC with potentially unwanted or malicious applications, waste your money on non-existent products, share your personal information with unreliable parties, and so on. If you want to avoid these issues, you should terminate Searchlock3.com right away.
There are other reasons to eliminate Searchlock3.com from your browsers like it causing random redirects and slowing down your browsing speed. Moreover, the hijacker tracks your cookies and collects data about your surfing habits. Although the recorded details are non-personally identifiable, you can never be too careful when it comes to your online privacy.
How to remove Searchlock3.com?
There are two possible Searchlock3.com removal options: manual and automatic. If you go with the first one, you will have to delete Searchlock3.com and restore your browser settings. These tasks can be completed with the help of the manual removal guide provided below the article. Alternatively, you can choose the automatic removal option and delete Searchlock3.com by using a security utility. The anti-malware tool, which you can acquire on our page, will perform a system scan and detect all potential threats. It will eliminate Searchlock3.com along with other unwanted components. In addition to that, the software will also stay useful in the future as it comes with real-time online protection and a variety of other beneficial features.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchlock3.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchlock3.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchlock3.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchlock3.com and related programs.
Remove Searchlock3.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchlock3.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchlock3.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchlock3.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchlock3.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchlock3.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchlock3.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchlock3.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchlock3.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchlock3.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.