What is Searchinme.com?
Searchinme.com is a web browser hijacker that is responsible for the recent changes in your browsers. It can alter your browser settings and cause other troubles like flooding you with advertising data. The hijacker is compatible with all major browsers, so you will notice its symptoms no matter which one of them you use. Its purpose is to generate revenue by presenting you with different types of ads. Each time you click on them, you make profit for the hijacker’s creators. There is nothing beneficial about it for you personally. We advise that you waste no time and terminate Searchinme.com as soon as you can.
How does Searchinme.com work?
The hijacker enters your system and replaces your home page and default search engine with Searchinme.com. This site contains nothing but a search box, which reroutes you to Search.yahoo.com. These results are trustworthy, however, they include sponsored links. Other advertising data will appear on the pages that you visit as well. You will get exposed coupons, pop-ups, banners, and other ads. It would be best to stay away from them, because they may be unsafe. Nobody checks the adverts before they are shown to you. The ads could be fake and lead you to unreliable sites. If you do not wish to deal with any scams, you should avoid all advertising data until you get rid of Searchinme.com.
There are several other symptoms of the hijacker that you are likely to notice. It is known to cause redirects to its sponsor pages and slow down your browsing speed. The hijacker also tracks your cookies and collects information about your online activities. This information includes what pages you visit, what you search for, what ads you click on, and so on. These details can be used to create personalized ads. Although the collected data is non-personally identifiable, there is no reason why you should share it with third parties. In order to get rid of all of these symptoms, you will have to erase Searchinme.com.
How to remove Searchinme.com?
You can eliminate Searchinme.com from your browsers manually or automatically. We recommend the automatic Searchinme.com removal for several reasons. The anti-malware will not only help you clean your PC completely, but also provide it with real-time online protection moving forward. You can download the utility from our page and use it to delete Searchinme.com. Alternatively, you can terminate Searchinme.com manually. Instructions presented below the article can help you with this process.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchme.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchme.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchme.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchme.com and related programs.
Remove Searchme.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchme.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchme.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchme.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchme.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchme.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchme.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchme.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchme.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchme.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.