SearchSuggests.com Removal Instructions (Remove SearchSuggests.com)
SearchSuggests.com is a browser hijacker that is very similar to Topsearchsite.net, Explorednow.com, Searchyu.com, and some others. Its About us page states that the site is owned by a company based in Asia, however, it never actually names that company.
SearchSuggests.com may be promoted as a useful search network, but the truth is it is nothing but a browser hijacker that alters your settings as soon as it gets installed. There is nothing beneficial about these modifications as they are aimed at generating online traffic. If you want to go back to using your regular search tools, you should uninstall SearchSuggests.com.
How does SearchSuggests.com work?
Because of the never-ending commercials that appear on your screen no matter which page you visit, your Internet connection will noticeably slow down. You may notice that your computer performance is negatively affected as well. That is because the potentially unwanted program that you have installed is using up a lot of its resources. If you want to eliminate all of these symptoms, you should delete SearchSuggests.com right away.
How to remove SearchSuggests.com?
If you wish to terminate SearchSuggests.com, you will have to decide how you want to do it. There are two possible options: manual or automatic removal. If you choose to delete SearchSuggests.com manually, you should uninstall the hijacker’s related program and then remove it from your browsers. If, however, you go with automatic SearchSuggests.com removal instead, you should download the utility presented on our page and use it to scan your PC. It will detect all unwanted files and programs and eliminate SearchSuggests.com along with them. It will also shield your computer from future infections you may encounter online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SearchSuggests.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SearchSuggests.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SearchSuggests.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall SearchSuggests.com and related programs.
Remove SearchSuggests.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SearchSuggests.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SearchSuggests.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SearchSuggests.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SearchSuggests.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SearchSuggests.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SearchSuggests.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SearchSuggests.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SearchSuggests.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SearchSuggests.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.