About this threat
Searchtnup.com is a browser hijacker that was bundled with some kind of freeware that you installed. Hijackers, among other unwanted programs are attached to free software as extra offers and you need to manually deselect them to prevent installation. If you rush and do not notice them, you will end up with all kinds of unwanted programs.
Hijackers are not malicious by themselves, they are rather low-level threats that are more annoying than anything. If you get one, it will change your browser’s settings and set itself as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. Those changes are irreversible until you get rid of the hijacker. It may try to redirect you to sponsored sites and you need to avoid those redirects as much as possible because it could try to lead you to malware. Your best course of action right now is to remove Searchtnup.com.
How do hijackers spread?
Browser hijackers, as well as adware and other potentially unwanted programs, come with free software bundles. They are set to install alongside the freeware and do not need your explicit permission. So you might not even notice installations happening. To stop them from installing, choose Advanced or Custom settings. Those settings will allow you to see what has been added and if there is something, all you need to do is uncheck their boxes. Refrain from using Default because you will end up with all kinds of unwanted programs on your computer. Now that you realize how it managed to infect your computer, delete Searchtnup.com.
Why uninstall Searchtnup.com?
Browser hijackers do not delete files or take documents as hostages so they are considered to be pretty harmless. They are also pretty hard to miss so if you have an infection, you will know right away. It will change your browser’s settings and set itself as your homepage, new tabs. It will also change your default search engine. These changes are carried out without permission and settings are unchangeable unless you first remove Searchtnup.com. It seems your new homepage tries to fool you into thinking that it’s Google. The design of the website is similar and those who do not pay attention might think Google just changed their layout a bit as they sometimes do. However, if you try to search for something, you will be taken to Saferbrowser Yahoo. That search engine might be inserting sponsored content into the results so that you could be redirected to sponsored sites. Like we mentioned before, be careful of those redirects because you could be taken to malware-ridden sites. There is no reason why you should not delete Searchtnup.com as it brings nothing but trouble.
You have two options when it comes to Searchtnup.com removal. You could try to manually uninstall Searchtnup.com but that means you’d need to find the hijacker yourself. If you go with the automatic method, the anti-spyware program you get would find and erase the hijacker.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchtnup.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchtnup.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchtnup.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchtnup.com and related programs.
Remove Searchtnup.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchtnup.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchtnup.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchtnup.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchtnup.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchtnup.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchtnup.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchtnup.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchtnup.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchtnup.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.