What is Secure-Finder.org?
Secure-Finder.org is classified as a browser hijacker and is linked to the potentially unwanted program called Secure Finder. This app is promoted as a tool that can allow you to search the Internet without being tracked. It is supposed to protect your privacy, but, in reality, it only aims at making money off of you. The app spreads online through free software bundles and once installed, it alters your browser settings, starts inserting ads into your browsers, and more. There is no reason why you should tolerate its presence on your PC. We suggest that you get rid of Secure-Finder.org and Secure Finder as soon as you can.
How does Secure-Finder.org work?
The main symptom of the hijacker is the modified browser settings. Your home page and default search engine get replaced by Secure-Finder.org right after Secure Finder gets installed. If you do not remember installing this program, that may be because it entered your PC through a free software bundle. When you install freeware or shareware, you need to make sure that you decline all additional offers that come with it. If you fail to do so, you will have deal with adware and other unwanted apps on a regular basis.
In addition to browser settings modifications, the hijacker will also present you with various adverts at any given opportunity. It will insert sponsored links into your search results, show you pop-ups, banners, and others ads on pages that have nothing to do with it, cause random redirects, and more. It is clear that these actions will disrupt your online surfing. Worse than that, however, the ads could also expose you to dangerous domains. You could fall for a virtual scam and suffer such consequences as malware infection, data corruption, money loss, etc. In order to avoid such troubles, you should erase Secure-Finder.org from your browsers right away.
How to remove Secure-Finder.org?
There are two ways to complete Secure-Finder.org removal: manual and automatic. If you decide to delete Secure-Finder.org manually, you will have to uninstall Secure Finder from your computer and then move on to restoring your browser settings. More detailed instructions are provided in the guide below the article, which you are welcome to use. The alternative, more reliable solution is to terminate Secure-Finder.org automatically. By implementing a malware prevention and removal tool you will not only eliminate Secure-Finder.org and its related application, but you will also be making sure that your computer stays clean and safeguarded. The utility presented on our page comes with real-time online protection, so it will continue to stay useful to you even beyond Secure-Finder.org removal.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Secure-Finder.orgUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Secure-Finder.org. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Secure-Finder.org and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Secure-Finder.org and related programs.
Remove Secure-Finder.org from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Secure-Finder.org from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Secure-Finder.org from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Secure-Finder.org from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Secure-Finder.org or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Secure-Finder.org from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Secure-Finder.org from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Secure-Finder.org from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Secure-Finder.org from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Secure-Finder.org and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.