What is .Srpx virus?
.Srpx virus is actually a ransomware infection that also goes by the name Serpent. It is a malign file-encoding application that is used by cyber crooks to extort money from computer users. It acts in a similar way to other malware of this type including Wildfire, Hades, SamSam, and more. Once inside, the harmful threat corrupts all of your data files and informs you of the fact that you need to pay a ransom fee, if you want to get them back. The ransomware is targeted towards users living in Europe. There is no question that you should terminate .Srpx virus as soon as you can.
How does .Srpx virus work?
Ransomware can infect your computer through malign files, corrupted links, fake ads, and so on. This virus usually infiltrates systems by using an email that claims to be an invoice that contains a link to an MS Office document. Once you agree to enable Macros in the document, the threat gets access to your PC and stores itself in the %AppData% folder. It then starts encrypting your photos, videos, documents, and other file formats. All affected data has the .serpent, .srpx, or .serp extension added to it.
The parasite then creates two ransom notes: HOW_TO_DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES_[3 random symbols].HTML and HOW_TO_DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES_[3 random symbols].TXT. These notes explain how you can acquire the Serpent Decrypter to restore your data. This includes paying 0.75 Bitcoins (about 3000 USD) to the cyber criminals. The note also threatens to triple the fee, if you do not make the payment within a week. It is clear that dealing with hackers is not a good idea as there is no reason for them to keep their word. What you should do is get rid of .Srpx virus without hesitation.
How to remove .Srpx virus?
Unfortunately, .Srpx virus removal does not mean that you will get your files back, unless you have their copies stored on an external storage or a cloud. You could also try using file decryptors available online. That, however, does not change the fact that you have to terminate .Srpx virus asap. In order to eliminate .Srpx virus from your PC, you will need to use a malware prevention and removal utility. You can download one from our page. The anti-malware will perform a full system scan and erase .Srpx virus along with other unsafe components that it finds. After you delete .Srpx virus, the security software will continue to stay useful to you by protecting you from various online infections that you may encounter moving forward.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove .Srpx virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall .Srpx virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like .Srpx virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete .Srpx virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove .Srpx virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove .Srpx virus
Remove .Srpx virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete .Srpx virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete .Srpx virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete .Srpx virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.