How to remove SSFK.exe
SSFK.exe has been associated with a number of unwanted applications. It has been especially linked to Mysearch123.com and Delta-homes.com, both of which are classified as browser hijackers. The executable file is digitally signed by Beijing Xingyunwang Technology Co. Ltd.
It is stored in C:Program Files (x86)SFK folder. This folder also contains such files as SKEX.exe and SFKEX64.exe. These files prevent you from deleting the unwanted browser hijacker. In order to get rid of it, you will have to delete SSFK.exe and executable files mentioned above.
How does SSFK.exe work?
As it has already been mentioned, the main purpose of the file is to make sure that you cannot delete the annoying hijacker that has taken over your browsers. It should not be too difficult for you to figure to which browser hijacker the file belongs, because you will see its main page every time you go online or search the Web. Regardless of whether it is Delta-homes.com, Mysearch123.com, or some other unwanted program, you should know that there is nothing useful about it. Browser hijackers are used to make profit for their developers by exposing you to commercial data. We suggest that you avoid this data until you uninstall SSFK.exe.
Other symptoms that are often associated with browser hijackers are constant redirects and tracking cookies. The hijacker will reroute you to its sponsor pages in the middle of your surfing. Keep in mind, that these pages may be just as unreliable as some of the ads presented to you. As for the tracking cookies, they are employed in order to collect information about your browsing habits. This information is later used to customize the advertisements you see online and make them appear more useful to you.
How to remove SSFK.exe?
We advise that you use the anti-malware tool presented on our page to delete SSFK.exe and its associated program from your computer. This is the most effective solution because it will allow you to eliminate SSFK.exe and other unwanted files and programs from your system for good. The software will scan your PC, detect and erase all potential threats and protect your computer from other Internet-based infections. Alternatively, you can try to remove SSFK.exe manually. You can do that by properly deleting the hijacker to which the file belongs. Instructions on how to terminate SSFK.exe are presented below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SSFK.exeUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SSFK.exe. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SSFK.exe and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SSFK.exe and related programs.
Remove SSFK.exe from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SSFK.exe from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SSFK.exe from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SSFK.exe from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SSFK.exe or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SSFK.exe from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SSFK.exe from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SSFK.exe from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SSFK.exe from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SSFK.exe and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.