What is StartPageing123.com?
StartPageing123.com is a browser hijacker that infected your computer via free software. You must have missed this hijacker being attached when you installed free software. Thankfully, it is not malicious and is seen as a rather low-level threat so there is no need to worry about it damaging your computer directly. It will, however, make changes to your browser and set itself as your homepage. Browser hijackers aim to redirect users to sponsored sites so do not be surprised if you end up on some weird web page. You should be careful as some hijackers can lead you to malware. This hijacker will bring nothing of use to your computer, so we suggest you remove StartPageing123.com.
How does StartPageing123.com spread?
Browser hijacker all spread the same way and that is via free software. Despite many warnings to change installation habits, there are still many users who end up installing plenty of unwanted items just because they unaware of how to correctly install software, especially the one you obtain for free from the Internet. When installing freeware, you need to use Advanced or Custom settings. You will see everything that has been added to the freeware and you will be given the option of deselecting everything. If you want to avoid having to uninstall StartPageing123.com or similar, you need to deselect them in the first place. Do not use Default settings as that will allow the added items to install.
Why delete StartPageing123.com?
StartPageing123.com will be set as your homepage and new tabs if you allow the hijacker to install. The modifications will be carried out without your permission and you will be unable to undo the changes until you remove StartPageing123.com. The hijacker will affect all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, so it does not matter which browser you use. The website itself looks relatively simple and has a search engine that is supposedly “A fast and easy way to search the web”. If you try to use it, you will be redirected to Google. There is no point in using some dubious website that appeared on your computer without your permission when you can use a reliable search engine instead. Some browser hijackers are even able to expose users to malicious content, which could lead to a serious malware infection. We suggest you take the time to delete StartPageing123.com as soon as possible.
You should get a reliable removal tool and have it uninstall StartPageing123.com. Automatic StartPageing123.com removal is the quickest option as the program will do everything for you. If you do not wish to obtain such a program, you can also try to eliminate StartPageing123.com manually but that requires a lot of time as you will have to locate the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove StartPageing123.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall StartPageing123.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like StartPageing123.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall StartPageing123.com and related programs.
Remove StartPageing123.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall StartPageing123.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete StartPageing123.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove StartPageing123.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for StartPageing123.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete StartPageing123.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase StartPageing123.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove StartPageing123.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall StartPageing123.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable StartPageing123.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.