What is TopSearchLinks.net?
TopSearchLinks.net is a web browser hijacker that is promoted as a global leader in search engine marketing and generating online traffic. It is clear that the hijacker is aimed at making profit for its developers by promoting various websites. Unfortunately, there is nothing useful about this for computer users. The hijacker alters your browser settings without your permission and causes other interruptions. It affects all well-known browsers. Since there is nothing useful about keeping it installed, we suggest that you get rid of TopSearchLinks.net without further delay.
How does TopSearchLinks.net work?
TopSearchLinks.net is not the only one of its kind. There are plenty of other hijackers that are very similar to it including Explorednow.com, Searchyu.com, SearchSuggests.com, Hohosearch.com, and more. It replaces your home page and default search provider upon arrival. The site itself contains a search box, several parameters, and a TopSearchLinks logo. If you enter a query into the box, you will get rerouted to Au.ask.com. Although these results will be relevant, they will also include lots of sponsored links. In addition to this, you will see various adverts on other pages that you visit. We urge you not to interact with them. And here is why.
The advertising content shown to you is not monitored by anyone. It is also not endorsed by the hijacker. This means that it could be unreliable. You may encounter fake ads, clicking on which could lead you to malicious pages. You may end up infecting your computer with potentially unwanted apps or even malware, wasting your money on bogus shopping sites, and more. There are plenty of virtual scams that you could fall for, so there is no point in taking any unnecessary risks by clicking on the adverts. In order to eliminate all symptoms of the hijacker, you will have to delete TopSearchLinks.net for good.
How to remove TopSearchLinks.net?
There are two options for you to choose from, when it comes to TopSearchLinks.net removal. The hijacker can be deleted manually or automatically. If you want to erase TopSearchLinks.net manually, you will have to uninstall its related program and restore your web browser settings. Step-by-step instructions on how to do that are presented below the article. Alternative solution is to eliminate TopSearchLinks.net automatically. This requires you to implement a malware removal tool. The utility will scan your PC and detect all issues. It will terminate TopSearchLinks.net along with other threats. Moreover, it will allow you to surf the Web without any worries from now on as it also functions as a malware prevention tool.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove TopSearchLinks.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall TopSearchLinks.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like TopSearchLinks.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall TopSearchLinks.net and related programs.
Remove TopSearchLinks.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall TopSearchLinks.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete TopSearchLinks.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove TopSearchLinks.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for TopSearchLinks.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete TopSearchLinks.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase TopSearchLinks.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove TopSearchLinks.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall TopSearchLinks.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable TopSearchLinks.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.