About this redirect virus
Weknow.ac is a dubious hijacker with the objective of directing traffic. The hijacker will hijack your Internet browser and do not wanted modifications to it. Whilst they do annoy countless users with unacceptable changes and suspicious reroutes, browser hijackers aren’t classified as harmful viruses. These hijackers don’t directly damage a user’s OS but they do boost the probability of encountering harmful malware. Hijackers do not care to what pages you can end up on, thus one may be redirected to an infected website and have malware installed onto their PC. This dubious website can lead one to questionable sites, therefore one should uninstall Weknow.ac.
Why should one uninstall Weknow.ac?
You didn’t notice attached offers when you were setting up freeware, thus, Weknow.ac has contaminated your OS. Likely undesired programs, like redirect viruses and adware programs added to it. Those issues are not malicious, but they might be irritating. Users are led to believe that choosing Default settings when installing freeware is the suitable decision, when the actual reality is that this is not the scenario. Adjoined items will install automatically if you pick Default settings. If users do not wish to have to erase Weknow.ac or similar, users must pick Advanced or Custom setup mode. After you uncheck the boxes of all added offers, then users can carry on with the installation like normal.
One’s browser will be hijacked by browser hijackers, just like the name implies. It is useless attempting to switch browsers. Users who have never installed a browser intruder before will be shocked when they discover that Weknow.ac was set as users’ homepage and new tabs. These types of reconfigurations were executed without your permission, and in order to modify the settings, you must firstly abolish Weknow.ac and only then in a manual way modify the settings. The provided search portal will plant adverts into the results. Don’t think it will give you trustworthy results seeing as hijackers exist to reroute. There is a some probability that sites could reroute you to malware, and one should dodge them. Because all the hijacker provides you with could be seen somewhere else, we firmly think that users must eliminate Weknow.ac.
How to uninstall Weknow.ac
Being knowledgeable of its concealment place will help you to uninstall Weknow.ac. If you encounter complications, however, users should use a powerful elimination program to delete this threat. Complete Weknow.ac elimination should fix your browser problems connected to this contamination.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Weknow.acUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Weknow.ac. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Weknow.ac and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Weknow.ac and related programs.
Remove Weknow.ac from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Weknow.ac from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Weknow.ac from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Weknow.ac from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Weknow.ac or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Weknow.ac from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Weknow.ac from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Weknow.ac from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Weknow.ac from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Weknow.ac and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.