Winarcher is an adware application that you accidentally installed onto your computer. It was attached to free software that you installed, and because you did not notice it, it was allowed to install. If you experience pop-ups ads, you might be alarmed into thinking your computer has been infected with a dangerous virus. That is not the case. Adware is not considered to be malicious nor will it harm your computer directly. What it aims to do is generate income from pay-per-click. However, it might expose you to malicious content. You could end up encountering a malicious computer virus if you are not careful. Or you may give out your personal information to questionable third-parties. To protect your computer, we suggest you uninstall Winarcher adware as soon as possible.
How did Winarcher infect my computer?
It was attached to free software and you missed it. If you do not deselect it, adware can install automatically. When installing freeware, you must use Advanced (Custom) settings. Only there will you be able to deselect what has been added to the freeware. And it does not take any extra time as all you have to do is uncheck the boxes of the added items. Do not rush the installation process and do not use Default settings as you will end up unknowingly installing everything that has been added, which means you will have to delete Winarcher or similar.
What does Winarcher do?
Winarcher is nothing more than an ad-supported application. It will make ads and display them so that it can generate pay-per-click income. You might be exposed to all sorts of adverts, including banners, pop-up and pop-under advertisements. They will appear on all browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The only way to get rid of the ads would be to uninstall Winarcher. We feel it is necessary to warn you that some ads you will be exposed to could be malicious. For example, you could be offered to obtain some sort of software by a pop-up ad. This method is used to spread ransomware as many users trust random pop-ups with secure downloads. Never download anything from unreliable pages. Only trust official/legitimate websites with trustworthy downloads. We do not suggest you press on any ads in general, as you can never know on what kind of websites you will end up. If you want to protect your computer from malware, you need to remove Winarcher.
In order to remove Winarcher, you will first have to locate it. Finding the adware file can be difficult so manual Winarcher removal is quite complex. If you are having trouble, we suggest you obtain a reliable removal program. It will locate and delete Winarcher without problems. However, if you are not willing to obtain the program, you are welcome to use the below provided instructions to help you erase Winarcher manually.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove WinarcherUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Winarcher. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Winarcher and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Winarcher and related programs.
Remove Winarcher from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Winarcher from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Winarcher from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Winarcher from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Winarcher or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Winarcher from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Winarcher from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Winarcher from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Winarcher from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Winarcher and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.