Word Shark Removal Instructions
Word Shark (also known as WordShark and WordShark virus) is classified as advertising-supported software, which may seem as a really useful tool. However, you should not be deceived by its harmless looks. Word Shark will fill your computer’s system with suspicious commercial material; thus, Word Shark removal from your PC is highly advisable.
Why do I need to delete Word Shark from my computer?
Word Shark should make “searching and translating information you find online easy”. With this tool you can translate your search queries to more than 60 languages. However, among these results you will find ads that should not be trusted. Word Shark will continuously show irritating pop-up advertisements.
The program is not responsible for the promoted content; thus, we recommend to remove Word Shark before you have accidentally clicked one of the links. We have to warn you that even one visit to an infected website is enough to get serious malware to your PC. In addition, Word Shark may spy your browsing activities and later share the gathered data (your history, visited websites, and geographic location) with third parties. Word Shark can also use the collected information itself in order to make the ads more alluring. You might notice that you will see similar advertisements all the time that may be related to your recent search queries. If you want to protect yourself from an identity theft, you need to uninstall Word Shark without delay.
How can Word Shark hijack my PC?
You can find more information about Word Shark in its official page: wordsharkapp.com. However, that does not mean that you can trust the program because there is no direct link to the installation file. Word Shark uses their site solely for commercial reasons. If you already have the program in your PC, you should delete Word Shark because it is not trustworthy.
Word Shark is distributed via software bundles, which means that many computer users have no idea that they agree to install the program. You should stay away from unknown websites that offer freeware because their installation files usually include unwanted programs. If you choose the Advanced download method, the program will have to ask for your permission in order to install ‘bonus tools’. Thus, you should always select Advanced or Custom modes so that you can make sure that there are no additional programs hiding in the Installation Wizard. The application has probably infiltrated your PC via bundled freeware and no program that chooses this method can be trusted. Thus, you should get rid of Word Shark as soon as possible.
How to remove Word Shark from my PCs system?
Word Shark removal may seem difficult and requiring much time, but it is worth it. If you do not erase this program from your computer, you may soon find other malware or even experience an identity theft. Thus, you should delete Word Shark without hesitation.
You can eliminate Word Shark by using our manual removal guide bellow. However, our malware research team advises you to install a reputable anti-spyware program that will easily and effectively erase Word Shark. Moreover, the antivirus software will take care of other unwanted programs that may have been bundled together with Word Shark. Furthermore, the malware removal tool will protect your computer from the similar threats in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Word SharkUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Word Shark. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Word Shark and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Word Shark and related programs.
Remove Word Shark from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Word Shark from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Word Shark from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Word Shark from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Word Shark or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Word Shark from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Word Shark from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Word Shark from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Word Shark from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Word Shark and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.