What is youmainpage.org?
Youmainpage.org is the domain that will appear on your browser if you have an adware application installed onto your computer. You will experience pop-up ads flooding your screen and interrupting your browsing. Adware does not bring anything useful to your computer, it just aims to make income by using you. It cannot enter your computer by itself, it needs your permission as it is not a malicious computer virus. It installs along with free software you download from the Internet. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent these unwanted items from installing. youmainpage.org will not harm your computer directly but adware can expose you to dangerous content. If you care to protect your computer, you need to remove youmainpage.org as soon as possible.
How did youmainpage.org infect my computer?
Adware is attached to free software so that when you install the software, you end up installing the adware as well. When installing free software, you might not even notice the adware as it is hiding in Advanced (Custom) settings of the freeware installation process. If it goes unnoticed, it will end up installed on your computer. You should always use Advanced settings as only there can you notice what has been added. Uncheck the boxes of the added items and you can proceed to install the freeware without worrying about unwanted items. Do not rush through the process in Default settings as that is how you ended up installing youmainpage.org in the first place. It could be highly irritating to delete youmainpage.org, so you would have been better off deselecting it in the first place.
How does youmainpage.org work?
Essentially, adware will expose you to numerous amounts of advertisements. It will affect all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The pop-ups will keep reappearing all the time and the only way to get rid of them would be to delete youmainpage.org from your system. The pop-ups might offer you all kinds of offers and even expose you to unreliable content. You could be offered to download some sort of software and instead might end up obtaining malware. Adware is not going to harm your computer itself, but the potential malware it exposes you to, could. And severely. You should be careful when dealing with ads while youmainpage.org is on your computer as any one of them could be malicious. We suggest you uninstall youmainpage.org quickly.
There are two ways to remove youmainpage.org from your system. In order to uninstall youmainpage.org manually, you will have to locate it first. Finding the adware file can be difficult so we suggest you obtain a reliable removal tool. It will locate and take care of youmainpage.org removal for you. To erase youmainpage.org automatically is the easiest option bur if you want to stick to the manual option, you are welcome to use the provided guide below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Youmainpage.orgUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Youmainpage.org. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Youmainpage.org and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Youmainpage.org and related programs.
Remove Youmainpage.org from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Youmainpage.org from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Youmainpage.org from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Youmainpage.org from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Youmainpage.org or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Youmainpage.org from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Youmainpage.org from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Youmainpage.org from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Youmainpage.org from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Youmainpage.org and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.