About this threat
YouTube Ransomware is a locker type of malware that will lock your screen. It’s not actual ransomware and will not encrypt your files so there is no need to worry. The purpose of this infection is not clear as it does not claim to have encrypted your files to get money, it merely states that you have violated the ‘YouTube law”. If you enter the password, you should be able to go back to normal computer use. You probably clicked on some weird link or downloaded something from illegal platforms. These are great ways for these kinds of threats to spread. You don’t need to worry about it seriously harming your computer. However, you must delete YouTube Ransomware as soon as possible.
How did you get infected?
Infection could happen if you watch/stream/download content illegally. On illegal stream websites there are plenty of flashy adverts and pop-ups that could trigger this threat if pressed on. Not only are stream web pages illegal, they could also bring malware to your computer, are they really worth it? At least do not press on anything and close ads as soon as possible if you insist on streaming. Torrents could also be a great way for this infection to spread. Torrents are notoriously unreliable when it comes to security so any one of them could be harboring malicious software.
What does it do?
When you allow it to enter your computer, it will lock your screen and the YouTube logo we all hate to see, the sad face YouTube that indicates you cannot watch the video, will appear. There will also be a message that will declare that you have “violated the YouTube law” by watching copyrighted content. Granted, the message is written in poor English and is full of mistakes but it gets the message across. It claims to have blocked your computer because of copyright issues and asks that you put in a password to unlock it. It is not stated how one should go about acquiring that password but fortunately, malware specialists have uncovered the password to be “law725″. If you put in the code, your system should be unlocked. Despite this, you still need to make sure the threat is no longer present. Obtain professional anti-malware software and scan your computer. If the threat is found, remove YouTube Ransomware. We hope you take this as a lesson on what kind of dangers are lurking out on the Internet. There are much more serious issues compared to YouTube Ransomware out there, so best learn how to protect yourself. If this had been actual ransomware and you had no backup, you could have lost your files. Invest in reliable backup so that the worst case scenario does not happen. And do not forget to delete YouTube Ransomware.
YouTube Ransomware removal
To make sure you fully remove YouTube Ransomware, you will have to obtain anti-malware software. Manual YouTube Ransomware removal could be possible but to prevent you from accidentally damaging your computer further, erase YouTube Ransomware using anti-malware.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove YouTube RansomwareUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall YouTube Ransomware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like YouTube Ransomware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete YouTube Ransomware using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove YouTube Ransomware from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove YouTube Ransomware
Remove YouTube Ransomware from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete YouTube Ransomware
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete YouTube Ransomware from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete YouTube Ransomware from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.