Zapmeta.com.vn is a very questionable search engine and a browser hijacker. You most likely did not install it yourself and just one day found it on your browser. That is not unusual, and many users end up with hijackers or adware at some point. It is not difficult to avoid them, however. All you need to do is pay attention to how you install freeware and deselect all extra offers. After all, browser hijackers spread via freeware bundles.
Hijackers are not malicious by themselves but they can expose users to not safe content. If you are not careful and not delete Zapmeta.com.vn, you are risking exposing your computer to malicious content. You will quickly realize that Zapmeta.com.vn is pretty useless to you. It will not provide anything that would make it worth keeping it. Instead of putting up with it, you should remove Zapmeta.com.vn.
Why uninstall Zapmeta.com.vn?
It is very obvious when a hijacker installs onto a computer because it will change browser’s settings and set its domain as your homepage and new tabs. So every time you open your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox), you will be redirected to Zapmeta.com.vn because it has been set as your homepage and new tabs. Once the settings have been changed, you will have to first delete Zapmeta.com.vn to be able to change settings because the hijacker will just keep altering them. Your new homepage does not look reliable at all. If you search for something, be it via address bar or the provided search box, you will be given unreliable results. Sponsored content could be inserted into the results so that you would be redirected to sponsored sites. Browser hijackers help site owners make money by redirecting traffic to those websites. You will gain nothing in exchange. Some hijackers are even capable of redirecting users to malicious content, which could lead to a serious infection. Remove Zapmeta.com.vn.
How did Zapmeta.com.vn infect my computer?
The hijacker was attached to freeware as an additional offer and there’s a high chance you missed it. Since they are hidden, it is not difficult to do. So avoid using Default settings because you will not be informed of any extra offers. Instead, use Advanced or Customs settings. You will see everything that has been added and if you wish, you can deselect everything, which is what you should do. This is very easy to do and does not take any extra time so there’s no excuse in rushing the installation or using Default.
You must make sure you fully uninstall Zapmeta.com.vn so that it could not renew itself. This is why we recommend employing professional removal software to erase Zapmeta.com.vn. It will take care of everything without you having to do anything. You can try manual Zapmeta.com.vn removal but you’d need to locate the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Zapmeta.com.vnUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Zapmeta.com.vn. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Zapmeta.com.vn and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Zapmeta.com.vn and related programs.
Remove Zapmeta.com.vn from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Zapmeta.com.vn from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Zapmeta.com.vn from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Zapmeta.com.vn from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Zapmeta.com.vn or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Zapmeta.com.vn from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Zapmeta.com.vn from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Zapmeta.com.vn from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Zapmeta.com.vn from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Zapmeta.com.vn and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.