What is Zhinku.info?
Zhinku.info is a browser hijacker that aims to redirect you to sponsored pages. For those who have never encountered a hijacker before, the change of browser’s settings might be alarming but we can assure you that Zhinku.info is not malicious. It is a mere browser hijacker, a low-level threat, that wants to make pay-per-click income for sponsored sites by redirecting you to them. It must have entered your system along with some sort of free software that you installed. Usually, the user does not even notice that a browser hijacker has been installed until it has hijacked his/her browser. The danger level of this hijacker is not high but it should be noted that it could expose users to dubious content. You could be led to a malicious site and end up with malware on your computer. You need to be extra cautious until you delete Zhinku.info from your system.
Why is Zhinku.info on my computer?
Browser hijackers, among other unwanted programs, are spread using software bundles. When installing free software, choose Advanced settings and you will see that various items have been added to the free software. This is not unusual as most freeware has something attached to it. If they remain unnoticed, they can install along with the free software. What you need to do is uncheck the boxes of the added items and that will prevent them from installing. You must have chosen Default settings and that is why you are stuck having to remove Zhinku.info from your computer.
Why uninstall Zhinku.info?
Zhinku.info will change your browser’s settings and set Zhinku.info/i/home.html as your homepage. The changes will happen without your permission and you will not be able to undo them unless you first delete Zhinku.info from your computer. This hijacker will affect all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox so it does not matter which browser you use. The website set as your homepage will provide you with a search engine that tries to fool you into thinking it generates results via Google. What it will do is fill the results with sponsored content so that it could lead you to advertisement pages and generate pay-per-click income. If you are not careful you could be taken to dangerous sites and end up with malware on your computer. This hijacker will not bring you anything beneficial so we suggest you uninstall Zhinku.info as soon as possible.
Browser hijackers are difficult to find thus you might have trouble if you choose to remove Zhinku.info manually. You are welcome to use the provided instructions to aid you with Zhinku.info removal. You can also obtain a reliable removal program and have it erase Zhinku.info. Whichever way you choose, you need to make sure you terminate Zhinku.info fully so that the hijacker cannot restore itself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Zhinku.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Zhinku.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Zhinku.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Zhinku.info and related programs.
Remove Zhinku.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Zhinku.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Zhinku.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Zhinku.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Zhinku.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Zhinku.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Zhinku.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Zhinku.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Zhinku.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Zhinku.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.