What is Search.mysafesearch.net?
Search.mysafesearch.net is a browser hijacker that affects Macs. Usually, browser hijackers enter computers together with free software. You must have not payed enough attention to how you installed some freeware and accidentally allowed Search.mysafesearch.net to enter. If will not harm your computer so there is no need to be too alarmed.
However, it should still not remain on your computer. It will make unwanted changes to your browser and attempt to redirect oyu to sponsored pages. This is the main reason why a hijacker even exists. It aims to lead as many users as possible to sponsored pages so that it could generate profit. The worrying thing about hijackers is that they can easily lead users to malicious pages where malware could be obtained. Delete Search.mysafesearch.net if you want to avoid more serious infections.
How does Search.mysafesearch.net spread?
Browser hijackers are bundled together with freeware, that means that when you install freeware, you have the option of installing the added items, in this case Search.mysafesearch.net. The items are set to install automatically with the freeware and in order to stop them from doing so, you need to deselect them. Use Advanced or Custom settings during the freeware installation, and uncheck the boxes of added items. Do not rush through the installation process because that is why you are stuck having to remove Search.mysafesearch.net now.
Why uninstall Search.mysafesearch.net?
Search.mysafesearch.net will become your homepage and new tabs on all your browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. These changes will be carried out without your permission and you will not be able to undo them unless you first delete Search.mysafesearch.net from the system. The search engine provided on Search.mysafesearch.net will lead to Aztec Media Yahoo, which means that you will encounter many sponsored pages. The main purpose of a hijacker to redirect users to those pages so that is can make pay-per-click revenue. We suggest you do not click on any of the results as who knows where you will be led to. You could end on some dangerous page and accidentally obtain malware. While malware for Macs is not so widespread, there are still threats that could affect your computer. This hijacker entered your computer without your permission, made unwanted changes and then tries to redirect you to weird or even malicious pages. Does not sound like something that belongs on your computer. We suggest you remove Search.mysafesearch.net at once.
In order to uninstall Search.mysafesearch.net fully, you may need to obtain professional removal software. Find a program that is compatible with your computer, and allow it to erase Search.mysafesearch.net. If you do not want to perform automatic Search.mysafesearch.net removal, you also have the manual option. However, this means that you will have to locate the hijacker yourself.
Step 1. Uninstall Search.mysafesearch.net and related programs.
Remove Search.mysafesearch.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.mysafesearch.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.mysafesearch.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.mysafesearch.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.mysafesearch.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.mysafesearch.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.mysafesearch.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.mysafesearch.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.mysafesearch.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.mysafesearch.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.