Windscribe is one of the VPNs that unblock Netflix and its geo-restricted content in 2023. Netflix has become more strict when it comes to VPNs recently but Windscribe still works great.
If you are a Netflix user, you are most certainly aware of the fact that the content you can watch depends on where you are located. For example, if you are in the US, your Netflix library will look considerably different than that of a user in Europe. Considering that most users pay the same price for Netflix, users with access to less content understandably find it unfair. It’s worth mentioning that Netflix does not necessarily control this because it’s all due to licensing agreements. Nonetheless, users look for ways to bypass these geographical restrictions, and VPNs are great tools that help with that.
Because a VPN allows you to spoof your location, you can use it to appear anywhere in the world. So if you want to watch Netflix US, all you have to do is connect to a VPN’s US server.
If you’re thinking about using Windscribe as the VPN to unblock Netflix, know that it does work. You shouldn’t have any issues with Netflix when connected to Windscribe.
How to use Windscribe VPN to unblock Netflix
If you want to use Windscribe VPN to unblock Netflix, it’s very simple.
- Download Windscribe from an official source (e.g. official website, official app store).
- Install the VPN, create an account, and buy a subscription if necessary.
- Open the VPN, access the list of available servers, and choose a server in a country whose Netflix library you want to unblock. Connect to the server.
- Open Netflix and you should now see a different Netflix library.
We should mention that Windscribe VPN has a free version so you do not necessarily need to buy a subscription. Of course, you will get access to all premium features if you do.
Windscribe VPN not working with Netflix
If you’ve set up your Windscribe VPN and tried using Netflix, it’s possible you may have come across an error. You are certainly not alone. Netflix isn’t thrilled about users using VPNs to access its content so if they can detect VPN usage, they block access to its services until the VPN is deactivated.
If Netflix detects a VPN, it usually shows these errors:
“You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again. Error Code M7111-5059.”
“Oops, something went wrong… Streaming Error. You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
Fortunately, it is possible to bypass these errors.
Clear your browser’s cookies/cache
If your issue is Netflix showing you local content instead of unblocked content, your cookies may be the issue. Netflix may get your real location from your cookies. If you clear your cookies, you should start seeing unblocked Netflix content.
Clear cookies on Google Chrome:
- Google Chrome -> Menu (three dots in the top right corner) -> More Tools -> Clear browsing data.
- Tick the boxes that say “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files”.
- Select “All time” from the drop-down Time range menu.
- Click Clear data.
Clear cookies on Mozilla Firefox:
- Mozilla Firefox -> Menu (the three bars in the top right corner) -> Settings -> Privacy and Security.
- Cookies and Site data -> Clear Data.
- Select what you want to delete and click Clear now.
Clear cookies on Safari:
- Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy -> Manage Website Data.
- Click Remove all to delete all cookies.
- Click Done.
Clear cookies on Microsoft Edge:
- Microsoft Edge -> Menu (the three dots on the top right corner) -> Cookies and site permissions -Manage and delete cookies and site data.
- Click See all cookies and site data.
- Click Remove all.
Switch to a different server
The easiest and most common fix for the Netflix Error Code M7111-5059 is switching to a different server. Once Netflix detects that your IP address belongs to a VPN, you will not be able to access its services. Windscribe has a lot of servers all over the world so you have a lot of options. It may be a couple of tries before you find a working server that bypasses Netflix Error Code M7111-5059 but it shouldn’t be too difficult.
Try a different browser
Some browsers work better with Netflix in general so your browser may be the problem. Try switching to a different browser and that may solve the Netflix Error Code M7111-5059.
Switching protocols could also help fix the Netflix Error Code M7111-5059. Windscribe has 6 protocols that you can choose from so you can easily switch around in Settings to see which one works best.
Contact Windscribe VPN customer support
If you’ve tried all of the above but still cannot bypass Netflix Error Code M7111-5059, contact Windscribe’s customer support. You can send them a message explaining your issue and they will come up with a fix. If you use Windscribe only to stream Netflix, you can also request a refund if they cannot make it work.