4-you.net Removal Guide (Remove 4-you.net)
4-you.net is a browser hijacker, the main purpose of which is to generate web traffic. It uses various tactics in order to do so. The hijacker alters your browser settings, inserts ads into your favorite pages, redirects you to its sponsor sites, and more. It can enter you PC with the help of freeware and shareware bundles.
The main problem with the hijacker is that it exposes you to unreliable online data such as fake ads, bogus updates, and so on. If you want to eliminate all unsafe content from your browsers, you will have to delete 4-you.net.
How does 4-you.net work?
4-you.net is compatible with all major browsers. After it gets installed, it alters your preferred settings such as home page and default search provider in all of your browsers. The webpage that you see every time you go online looks reliable. It contains quick access links to various popular sites like Movies, TV show, Games, Amazon, Booking.com, and some others. There is also a search box on it. You can customize the background and the widgets by clicking on Customize page. If you make use of your new search engine, you will be presented with results that include sponsored content. You will also notice various adverts, pop-ups, banners, and links on other sites that you visit. Keep in mind that you click on them at your own risk. You may encounter fake advertisements. Clicking on them could result in serious consequences. If you want to make sure you do no fall victim to some virtual scam, you should terminate 4-you.net.
The hijacker belongs to Via Advertising Group, LTD. It is promoted by free third party software that you can download from various file-sharing sites such as download.com, brothersoft.com, softonic.com, and others. If you want to avoid similar applications in the future, you should choose your sources more carefully and pay attention to every step of the installation wizard declining all optional offers of unfamiliar programs.
How to remove 4-you.net?
We suggest that you use the anti-malware tool provided on our page to eliminate 4-you.net from your browsers. The utility will scan your system and detect all potentially unwanted files and programs. You will then be able to uninstall 4-you.net automatically. Another advantage of this 4-you.net removal option is that the anti-malware will protect your computer from other infections you may catch while surfing the Web. Alternatively, you can follow the instructions below and manually delete 4-you.net and its associated application.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove 4-you.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall 4-you.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like 4-you.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall 4-you.net and related programs.
Remove 4-you.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall 4-you.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete 4-you.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove 4-you.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for 4-you.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete 4-you.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase 4-you.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove 4-you.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall 4-you.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable 4-you.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.