What is 9o0gle.com?
As you may have already guessed, 9o0gle.com attempts to mimic Google.com. This fake engine is classified as a browser hijacker, and once it takes over your browsers, it alters their settings without your permission. The main goal of the hijacker is to make profit by exposing you to various advertisements. It does so by inserting sponsored links into your search results, adding banners to the pages that you visit, causing redirects, and so on. There is no reason for you to tolerate these inconveniences. We advise that you get rid of 9o0gle.com without further delay.
How does 9o0gle.com work?
Once the hijacker takes over, it switches your home page and default search engine to 9o0gle.com. The website presents you with a search box and quick access links to Hot Sites, Shopping, and Best Games. If you enter a term into the box, you will get results from Google Custom Search. It is important that you keep in mind that the results that you will see will include sponsored links that come from the hijacker, not from Google. These links may be irrelevant or even unsafe. We urge you to go back to your original search tools and eliminate 9o0gle.com.
In addition to changing your browser settings, the hijacker also inserts ads into your visited sites and causes redirects to its associated domains. These unnecessary activities will slow down your Internet surfing speed and expose you to unsafe web content. None of the adverts are endorsed by the hijacker and they could be fake. Clicking on fake advertisements may result in serious consequences including malware infections. It would be best to stay away from the adverts to make sure that you do not have to deal with any scams. If you wish to improve your online safety, you should terminate 9o0gle.com right away.
How to remove 9o0gle.com?
There are two ways you can erase 9o0gle.com from your browsers: manually or automatically. If you choose manual 9o0gle.com removal option, you are welcome to follow the instructions presented below the article. They will explain how you can uninstall the hijacker’s related app and restore your browser settings. Alternatively, you can go delete 9o0gle.com automatically with the help of a malware removal tool. You can acquire the anti-malware from our site. It will scan and clean your PC. The security utility will not only help you remove 9o0gle.com and other threats, but it will also provide your system with online protection in real time.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove 9o0gle.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall 9o0gle.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like 9o0gle.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall 9o0gle.com and related programs.
Remove 9o0gle.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall 9o0gle.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete 9o0gle.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove 9o0gle.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for 9o0gle.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete 9o0gle.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase 9o0gle.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove 9o0gle.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall 9o0gle.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable 9o0gle.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.