How to remove Search.accoona.com
If you see Search.accoona.com every time you open your browser, it means that a hijacker has taken over browsers. It is used to promote various websites by filling your web browsers with different forms of advertising data. The hijacker belongs to AdMedia, Inc. and gets distributed using freeware and shareware.
It is impossible to download it directly from an official webpage or any other file-hosting site. The bundling method is often used by browser hijackers and other unwanted programs, because it is the easiest way for them to enter a computer system unnoticed. There is no reason why you should keep the hijacker installed. We suggest that you eliminate Search.accoona.com from your browsers.
How does Search.accoona.com work?
Search.accoona.com works like any other browser hijacker. It replaces your home page and default search provider. The main site contains nothing but a search box and claims that the results that it brings you are provided by Bing. That may be true, however, the hijacker may also add its own sponsored links to these results. It may also insert various pop-ups, banners, and other commercials into your visited websites. We do not recommend clicking on any of the advertising data brought to you by the hijacker.
The reason why you should stay away from the hijacker’s adverts is because they may be unsafe. The same goes for the redirects that are caused by it. You may be exposed to various virtual scams aimed at infecting your PC with adware or malware, acquiring your personal details, tricking you into wasting your money, and so on. You should not trust even those ads that look especially relevant. The only reason they look that way is because the hijacker tracks your cookies and records your browsing history. If you want to improve your online security and get rid of the fake ads, you should terminate Search.accoona.com without hesitation.
How to remove Search.accoona.com?
If you want to delete Search.accoona.com, you can do that manually or automatically. If you want to make sure that you not only uninstall Search.accoona.com, but also remove other potential threats from your computer, you should go with the second option. The anti-malware tool that you can download from our page will scan your system, detect and eliminate Search.accoona.com along with all other threats. It will also protect your PC from similar online infections as long as you keep it installed. If, however, you decide to delete Search.accoona.com manually, you can use the instructions presented below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Accoona SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Accoona Search. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Accoona Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Accoona Search and related programs.
Remove Accoona Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Accoona Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Accoona Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Accoona Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Accoona Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Accoona Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Accoona Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Accoona Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Accoona Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Accoona Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.