About this infection
aiosearch.com is a dubious website that supposedly helps you search more easily. It’s also considered to be a browser hijacker that could sneak into your computer without you even knowing. If you have a hijacker infection on your computer, your browser’s settings will be changed and a weird website will be set as your homepage and new tabs. This is what makes browser hijackers so easy to spot.
The sudden appearance might startle some users but there is no reason to panic. Hijackers are not malicious in the sense that they do not directly harm computers. They are annoying, however. Your browser’s settings will be changed and you could be redirected to sponsored sites because hijackers exist to redirect you. The biggest issue with hijackers is that they can sometimes redirect users to malicious content. We strongly suggest you delete aiosearch.com.
How the hijacker spread?
Browser hijackers are distributed along with software bundles. They are attached as extra offers that technically, you can choose to install if you want to. We say technically because in a lot of cases users don’t even realize that something is attached to the freeware they are installing. That is because freeware does not properly inform you about it. In order to check if something has been added, you need to choose Advanced or Custom settings during installation. They will allow you to check and will also give you the option of deselecting everything. We advise that you uncheck every single item so that you will not be stuck having to remove aiosearch.com or similar later on.
Why uninstall aiosearch.com?
This hijacker will hijack your browsers and set its promoted website as your homepage and new tabs. It seems to currently work on Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome so other browsers should be okay. However, do not ignore the problem and just switch browsers. It will make those changes without your permission and that should be a big red flag that it does not belong on your computer. Delete aiosearch.com. Your new homepage and new tabs promotes a search portal that allows you to search via different kinds of search engines. You can also choose what you want to look for, e.g. Web, torrents, images, etc. It might seem convenient but you should think twice about using it. Hijackers tend to insert sponsored content into results so that you would be redirected. You especially should be careful if you use the torrent search. So it enters and makes changes without authorization and possible redirects you to sponsored sites. Does not sound like a reliable thing to have on your computer. Remove aiosearch.com.
When it comes to hijackers, there are two ways to get rid of them. You could obtain professional removal software and have it uninstall aiosearch.com. Or you could do it yourself. Bear in mind, however, that manual aiosearch.com removal might take more time. You are welcome to use the provided instructions below to help you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Aiosearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Aiosearch.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Aiosearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Aiosearch.com and related programs.
Remove Aiosearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Aiosearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Aiosearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Aiosearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Aiosearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Aiosearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Aiosearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Aiosearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Aiosearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Aiosearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.