About Alcatraz Locker
Alcatraz Locker is a ransomware type of virus. You can infect your computer in various ways, including downloading updates from unreliable websites and opening spam email attachments. Once Alcatraz Locker is on your computer, there is no stopping it from encrypting your files. When that is done, the hackers will demand that you pay a certain amount of money and they would send you a decryption key. Receiving the decryption is highly unlikely as most hackers tend to ignore victims after payment has been made. If you do not want to lose your money, we strongly advise you to remove Alcatraz Locker from your computer.
How does Alcatraz Locker spread?
Just like any other ransomware, it spreads in many ways. The most prominent one being spam emails. What happens is ransomware developers attach an infected file to an email and send it to hundreds of unsuspecting users. When the attachment is opened, the virus downloads onto the computer. We strongly suggest you always double check the contents and the sender when opening emails from unknown senders. You can never known what is attached to it and it’s better to be safe than sorry. You can also infect your computer with Alcatraz Locker if you download fake software updates. You should only use updates that you download from reliable websites. Also, do not click on suspicious ads as they can also lead you to ransomware.
How does Alcatraz Locker affect my computer?
Alcatraz Locker will encrypt your files using AES-256 cryptography and add the .Alcatraz file extension to all encrypted files. The ransomware generates two keys, a public and a private one. The public key is used to encrypt your files, the private -to decrypt. The decryption key is stored in a remote server that you cannot access. The victim will see a ransom note that will explain what has happened. Hacker demand that victims pay them 0.3 Bitcoins (around $220) but we don’t suggest you do. In a lot cases, hackers ignore the victims after they pay and not send anything. So you’re left without your files and your money. If you do not have it, we suggest you invest that money into backup. If you do have backup, you can get your files from there. You must remove Alcatraz Locker before you do that, however. If you do not delete Alcatraz Locker and use backup, you could potentially encrypts those files as well.
Alcatraz Locker removal
Because manual Alcatraz Locker removal would be too complex for inexperienced users, we don’t suggest you try it. Anti-malware software will delete Alcatraz Locker quickly and not cause harm to your computer.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Alcatraz LockerUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Alcatraz Locker. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Alcatraz Locker and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Delete Alcatraz Locker using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Alcatraz Locker from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Alcatraz Locker
Remove Alcatraz Locker from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Alcatraz Locker
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Alcatraz Locker from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Alcatraz Locker from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.