What is Amazon Assistant?
Amazon Assistant is an application that has nothing in common with the legitimate program developed by Amazon.com, Inc. Specifically speaking, it is a browser extension developed by Spigot which should help users find the best deals on amazon.com. It can work on all popular web browsers, but the majority of reports are coming from Google Chrome users, so specialists believe that it targets Chrome users mainly.
Of course, it is a must to uninstall Amazon Assistant no matter which of your browsers have been affected because this program is not beneficial even though it pretends to be one. Instead, it is known to be a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Potentially unwanted applications cannot be called malicious by any means, but they cannot be trusted fully either and might cause problems, which is why we suggest implementing the Amazon Assistant removal as soon as possible.
What does Amazon Assistant do?
Judging from the users’ complaints, Amazon Assistant might perform several undesirable activities. First, it might change the settings of browsers. Second, it might start generating annoying commercial advertisements. This immediately makes this program untrustworthy because you would not find a decent program showing ads. Besides, all these ads might be dangerous because they all have a potential of redirecting to bad pages. Some of these ads might be deals promoting Amazon items, but others might not be even related to any items that can be purchased from Amazon. The purpose of these ads is to take users to other pages and thus promote them. If a user is taken to a bad page, he/she might even be presented with offers to install untrustworthy software or purchase items that do not even exist. We probably do not need to say that the presence of Amazon Assistant might result in a number of problems. Go to remove Amazon Assistant from your computer until it is not too late.
How is Amazon Assistant distributed?
It seems that the official website of Amazon Assistant does not exist, so, most probably, it is spread in software bundles. Programs distributed in bundles rarely travel alone, so there is a possibility that additional software has entered your PC without your knowledge too. Among ordinary software, bad applications might be hiding too, and they could have entered your system. Users often download malicious bundles from the web, especially when they try to get free software, so you should stop downloading programs from untrustworthy pages. To protect your PC, install security software after the Amazon Assistant removal too.
How do I delete Amazon Assistant?
Amazon Assistant is an extension, as you should know by now, so the only way to get rid of it manually is to open the list of all add-ons, find it, and then remove it. Many users find it hard to remove Amazon Assistant manually, so we suggest that you go to delete Amazon Assistant automatically instead of trying to take care of it yourself. Our only advice for you would be to use a legitimate scanner.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Amazon AssistantUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Amazon Assistant. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Amazon Assistant and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Amazon Assistant and related programs.
Remove Amazon Assistant from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Amazon Assistant from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Amazon Assistant from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Amazon Assistant from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Amazon Assistant or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Amazon Assistant from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Amazon Assistant from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Amazon Assistant from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Amazon Assistant from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Amazon Assistant and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.