Baidu.com Removal Tips
Baidu.com is an Internet browser hijacker that is aimed at Chinese computer users. It belongs to a company called Baidu, Inc., which is also responsible for another well-known hijacker called Hao123.com. You may have acquired the hijacker by accident when installing free third party software from various file-sharing websites.
Along with the hijacker you may have installed other potentially unwanted programs from Baidu or a different company. If you want to delete Baidu.com, you will also have to delete the applications with which it entered your PC.
Once the hijacker gets access to your computer, it alters your browser settings. It replaces your home page, new tab, and default search engine with Baidu.com. The hijacker affects all popular browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Safari. The website that now appears on your screen every time you open your browser contains various quick access links and a search box. As it has already been mentioned, the hijacker is targeted towards Chinese computer users, so if you do not speak the language, you will not be able to make use of the home page or the search engine. If you want to go back to your original search tools, you will have to delete Baidu.com.
There are other reasons why you should erase Baidu.com from your browsers as well. It will slow down your online surfing speed by flooding you with such commercial data as pop-ups, links, banners, coupons, and so on. It will also cause random redirects to its sponsor sites. You should bear in mind that the advertising content that the hijacker exposes you to is not endorsed by it. The commercials could be fake and clicking on them is quite risky. You could end up infecting your PC with malicious software or falling victim to a different virtual scam. To prevent that from happening, you should terminate Baidu.com as soon as you can.
How to remove Baidu.com?
There are two ways you can uninstall Baidu.com from your browsers: manually or automatically. If you choose manual removal option, you will need to uninstall the application that arrived together with the hijacker and restore your browser settings. Instructions on how to complete these tasks are presented below this article. If, on the other hand, you decide to eliminate Baidu.com automatically, you will have to implement a malware prevention and removal tool. The utility will scan your system, detect all unwanted components, and remove Baidu.com completely. It will also help you ensure your PC’s safety in the future as the security software also comes with other useful features including real-time online protection.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Baidu.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Baidu.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Baidu.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Baidu.com and related programs.
Remove Baidu.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Baidu.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Baidu.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Baidu.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Baidu.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Baidu.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Baidu.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Baidu.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Baidu.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Baidu.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.