What is Bhnr1.ru?
Bhnr1.ru is a browser hijacker, possibly the one responsible for the changes carried out to your browser. If you do encounter a hijacker, there is no need to become too alarmed because it will not try to harm your computer directly. Hijackers exist to expose users to sponsored content and in that way make income, so while they are not exactly dangerous, they are incredibly irritating to deal with.
You will find that your browser’s settings have been changed and that you cannot undo the changes. The most probable reason why you are infected is because you installed free software that had the hijacker attached to it. If you do not notice the hijacker, it will be allowed to install alongside without you even realizing it. We see no reason why you should not delete Bhnr1.ru seeing as it will bring no benefits to you.
Bhnr1.ru spread methods
There is no unique way that Bhnr1.ru uses to infect your computer. The same bundling method is used by thousands of other unwanted items but users still get infected because they are careless. If you download free programs from unreliable sources, there is a very good chance that they have extra items, such as Bhnr1.ru. If you insist on installing the freeware, you need to make sure you do not install the added items. Choose Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation and you will see a couple of boxes. Just uncheck them and you can install the freeware. Rushing in Default will get you nowhere because you will have to remove Bhnr1.ru or similar later on.
Why uninstall Bhnr1.ru?
As soon as you notice that you are redirected to Bhnr1.ru when you open your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers, it should become clear that a hijacker has infiltrated your computer. It has set itself as your homepage and new tabs without your permission and may be trying to redirect you to sponsored content. This is how all hijackers act because by redirecting you, they makes money. You cannot undo the changes because the hijacker will just change them again and this will go on until you delete Bhnr1.ru. On the website, you will see various kinds of articles and a search engine, which will lead to Google. You should refrain yourself from clicking on any of those articles because who knows to what kinds of pages you will be led to. Worst case scenario, you will be redirected to a malicious page, where malware may be waiting. This could lead to an infection which could cause serious problems. If you want to avoid trouble, it’s best you remove Bhnr1.ru.
If you want to uninstall Bhnr1.ru, you have two ways to do it. The recommended option is automatic Bhnr1.ru removal because anti-malware software would take care of everything. If you opt to erase Bhnr1.ru manually, you will have to locate the hijacker yourself and that may be troublesome as it is hidden.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Bhnr1.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Bhnr1.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Bhnr1.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Bhnr1.ru and related programs.
Remove Bhnr1.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Bhnr1.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Bhnr1.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Bhnr1.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Bhnr1.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Bhnr1.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Bhnr1.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Bhnr1.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Bhnr1.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Bhnr1.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.