Browser-search.net Removal Instructions
Browser-search.net is a browser hijacker that was developed by Linkey Inc. It spreads through freeware downloads. After it enters your PC, the hijacker changes your browser settings without your permission.
In addition to settings modifications, the unwanted program also causes redirects to various websites and adds commercial data to your visited pages. It is clear that the hijacker aims at promoting its associated sites. That is how its developers make profit. There is nothing useful about the hijacker to computer users, which is why we recommend that you terminate Browser-search.net.
How does Browser-search.net work?
Browser-search.net is similar to Resultsforquery.com, Reeturn.com, Goodasfound.com, and some other hijackers. It replaces your home page and default search provider. Its main page contains a search box and search parameters. If you enter a query into the box, you may get redirected to a random website. In fact, you may even be presented with a message from your browser stating that the webpage has a redirect loop. Because of these redirects you may land on an unreliable website. The same may happen if you click on a fake advert. Keep in mind that you will be exposed to unsafe commercial data. You should stay away from all ads until you delete Browser-search.net for good.
How to remove Browser-search.net?
You can remove Browser-search.net manually or automatically. We recommend choosing automatic removal option, because it is more efficient. If you download and implement the anti-malware from our page, you will be able to scan your system for all possible threats and eliminate Browser-search.net along with other unwanted files and programs. More than that, the software will also protect you from other infections you may catch online. Alternative option is to uninstall Browser-search.net manually. This can be done by deleting the hijacker’s associated application and restoring your browser settings. You can use the instructions presented below for further assistance.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Browser-search.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Browser-search.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Browser-search.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Browser-search.net and related programs.
Remove Browser-search.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Browser-search.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Browser-search.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Browser-search.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Browser-search.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Browser-search.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Browser-search.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Browser-search.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Browser-search.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Browser-search.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.