btkitty.la is a browser hijacker that will hijack your browser and force you to use a dubious website. We highly doubt you downloaded the hijacker yourself. It was most likely attached to free software as an additional item that you could have chosen to not install if you wanted to. However, if you did not pay attention to how you installed that free program, the hijacker could have installed without you even noticing. It will change your browser’s settings and set a different homepage.
Hijackers themselves are not dangerous but they can expose users to dangerous content. You will see plenty of dubious ads and questionable content so it’s best you remove btkitty.la as soon as possible. Generally, hijackers exist to redirect users to sponsored content and that is what makes them so irritating. The random redirects can very quickly get on your nerves.
Why must you delete btkitty.la?
When the hijacker enters your computer, it will immediately hijack your browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox) and set itself as your homepage. Until you uninstall btkitty.la, every time you open your browser, you will be redirected to btkitty.la and then to btkitty.kim. It’s no use trying to change the settings because the hijacker will just keep altering them back. The website that has become your homepage looks very questionable and has many pornographic ads popping up everywhere. It seems to generate Torrent results, which makes it even more questionable. In general, using Torrent is risky because not only are you breaking the law but you are also exposing your computer to malware. There’s plenty of torrents out there that could infect your computer with seriously malicious software. Trusting such a website to find you secure torrents would be very unreasonable. Even clicking on ads on that page could lead to malware. Do not use it, and instead remove btkitty.la.
If the hijacker is on your computer, that means you need to learn how to correctly install freeware. btkitty.la was most likely attached to freeware as an additional offer. Those offers are optional but many users end up installing them without noticing. To have the option of preventing unwanted installations, just choose Advanced or Custom settings and uncheck the boxes of all extra items. You will only have this option in those settings so refrain from using Default. It takes mere seconds to uncheck a couple boxes and you would spend much more time trying to delete btkitty.la, but the choice is yours.
When the hijacker enters your computer, it will bring nothing good, which is why you should uninstall as soon as it shows itself. btkitty.la removal can be achieved in two ways. Choose the one that is appropriate for you. You can try to erase btkitty.la manually but you will have to find the hijacker yourself. If you want to go with the automatic option, obtain anti-malware software and have it eliminate btkitty.la for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove btkitty.laUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall btkitty.la. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like btkitty.la and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall btkitty.la and related programs.
Remove btkitty.la from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall btkitty.la from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete btkitty.la from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove btkitty.la from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for btkitty.la or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete btkitty.la from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase btkitty.la from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove btkitty.la from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall btkitty.la from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable btkitty.la and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.