Cantstopplaying.com is a browser hijacker, also referred to as a redirect virus. If you find it on your computer, you need to learn how to install programs properly because you allowed the hijacker to enter your computer yourself. It is not a malicious computer infection but you do need to remove Cantstopplaying.com right away because it will do nothing good to you. Hijackers aim to redirect users to sponsored sites so that they could generate income. So essentially, they use you to make money but provide nothing in return to you. Some hijackers are also capable of leading users to malicious sites, and malware could sneak into your computer if you are not careful. A malware infection would be much more difficult to deal with compared to a browser hijacker. Delete Cantstopplaying.com if you want your computer to be safe.
How does Cantstopplaying.com spread?
Browser hijackers spread using software bundles, they are attached to free software as additional items that you can choose to install if you want to but many users end up unknowingly allowing them to install simply because they do not notice them. When extra offers go unnoticed, they are allowed to install without you knowing. To prevent this from happening, use Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware. Those settings will show you if something has been added and if there is something, you will be allowed to deselect them. Doing this is much easier compared to having to uninstall Cantstopplaying.com or similar later on.
Why should you remove Cantstopplaying.com?
As soon as the hijacker enters your computer, it will make changes to your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. Your homepage and new tabs will be changed, and you will be stuck with a different homepage. The changes are performed without your permission and you will be unable to undo them unless you first delete Cantstopplaying.com from the system. We recommend against engaging with your new homepage because it could have unreliable content on it. It is a game website and supposedly allows you to access all kinds of games. Bear in mind that hijackers aim to lead users to sponsored content because that is how they generate money. Browser hijackers do not care whether they lead you to safe websites, so you could end up on a dangerous one and allow malware to enter your computer unknowingly. This could all end in a serious malware infection. We strongly suggest you uninstall if you care to protect your computer.
If you have decided to erase Cantstopplaying.com, you have two options. You could obtain professional removal software and have it eliminate Cantstopplaying.com for you, or you could do it manually. Manual Cantstopplaying.com removal would take more time because you would need to find the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Cantstopplaying.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Cantstopplaying.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Cantstopplaying.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Cantstopplaying.com and related programs.
Remove Cantstopplaying.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Cantstopplaying.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Cantstopplaying.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Cantstopplaying.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Cantstopplaying.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Cantstopplaying.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Cantstopplaying.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Cantstopplaying.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Cantstopplaying.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Cantstopplaying.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.