What is Capricornus?
“Capricornus Ads“, “Powered by Capricornus“, “Ads by Capricornus“, and similarly labeled adverts appear in your web browsers, because you have an adware program on your PC. Capricornus is an ad-supported application that is capable of flooding you with commercials and redirecting you to its sponsor sites in the middle of your online surfing. It works on all major browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and others, so you will not be able to avoid its symptoms. The application does not add any value to your computer. It decreases your browsing speed and exposes you to unreliable content. We suggest that you erase Capricornus Ads without delay.
How does Capricornus work?
If you are wondering how you acquired Capricornus, it may be because you have installed it by accident. The application travels in free software bundles and gets presented as an additional offer. If you do not decline this offer, you agree to the program’s installation, in some cases, without even realizing it. The reason this often happens is because users do not pay attention to the installation wizard. If you do not wish to deal with potentially unwanted applications in the future, you should always choose Advanced installation mode, check every step, and decline all optional offers.
The commercials that you see in your browsers because of the adware are not all trustworthy. Capricornus does not differentiate between reliable and fake ads, and shows you both kinds. It does not hold responsibility for any of the provided content. You click on the ads at your own risk. Interacting with fake advertisements and landing on corrupted pages could lead to serious consequences including malware infections, financial losses, and so on. If you do not want to deal with such outcomes, we advise that you avoid all adverts until you eliminate Capricornus Ads from your browsers for good.
How to remove Capricornus Ads?
There is no question that you should get rid of the unreliable advertisements and go back to safe online surfing. You can terminate Capricornus Ads by uninstalling Capricornus from your computer manually or automatically. If you choose to go with manual Capricornus Ads removal, you are welcome to use the instructions presented below the article. If, on the other hand, you decide to delete Capricornus Ads automatically, you can implement the anti-malware utility from our page. The malware prevention and removal tool will scan your system for various infections and detect all potential threats. Once it does, you will be able to remove Capricornus Ads automatically. Moreover, the security software will stay useful in the future. It will provide you with real-time online protection as long as you keep it installed and updated.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove CapricornusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Capricornus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Capricornus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Capricornus and related programs.
Remove Capricornus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Capricornus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Capricornus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Capricornus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Capricornus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Capricornus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Capricornus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Capricornus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Capricornus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Capricornus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.