What is Cerber3 Locker Virus?
As the name of the Cerber3 Locker Virus suggests, this infection is a file locker. It means that it locks files to get money from users. To be more specific, it locks files using the RSA-2048 encryption in order to make it impossible for users to decrypt them without the special key, and then ask them to pay money for the decryptor. Even though Cerber3 Locker Virus is known to be a computer infection that enters computers secretly, it will only take a few seconds for you to understand that it is installed on your computer because it adds the .cerber3 extension to all those files it encrypts. This extension will not be removed even if you delete Cerber3 Locker Virus from your computer, which means that your files will not be unlocked too; however, you still need to implement the Cerber3 Locker Virus removal as soon as possible. Many users will find the Cerber3 Locker Virus removal a difficult task, and we cannot blame them because Cerber3 Locker Virus is a serious computer infection. Therefore, we have decided to help users to remove this threat in this article.
What does Cerber3 Locker Virus do?
As Cerber3 Locker Virus has been developed to encrypt files, it will do that the first thing it enters the computer. Then, it will create three files on Desktop: # HELP DECRYPT #.html, # HELP DECRYPT #.txt, and # HELP DECRYPT #.url. No matter which one of them you will open, you will immediately find out that you have to make a payment of about 0.7154 Bitcoins (approximately $410). The payment might increase after 96hours. Even though you need to unlock your files badly, you should not pay money for cyber criminals because you simply cannot know whether they will really give you the decryption tool after you make a payment. In addition, a free decryptor might help you to unlock those files free of charge. Delete Cerber3 Locker Virus before you use such a tool because this ransomware might encrypt the setup of the free decryptor too.
Where does Cerber3 Locker Virus come from?
Cerber3 Locker Virus is mainly distributed via spam emails containing infected attachments. Also, you might allow it to enter your computer if you often download software from torrents and similar web pages. Other similar viruses should travel the same, so you need to be careful and stay away from spam emails and suspicious third-party websites. This should help you to ensure the system’s safety.
How can I uninstall Cerber3 Locker Virus?
It might be possible to remove Cerber3 Locker Virus manually, but we can assure you that it will be an extremely difficult process because Cerber3 Locker Virus puts its files in different directories and applies many changes to the system. We know that users who read our articles are not experts, so we suggest using an automatic malware remover to implement the Cerber3 Locker Virus removal. Do not use the first tool you find on the web because only 100% reliable software can help you to remove Cerber3 Locker Virus fully.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Cerber3Use our recommended removal tool to uninstall Cerber3. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Cerber3 and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Delete Cerber3 using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Cerber3 from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Cerber3
Remove Cerber3 from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Cerber3
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Cerber3 from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Cerber3 from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
Incoming search terms:
- hacktool:Win32/Keygen ?
- startnow malware
- cerber3 remove
- remove cerber3
- cerber3 remover tool
- cerber3 removal tool
- cerber3 removal
- how to remove cerber3 without money
- how cerber3 viruscome
- cerber3 livecdupport
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.