Cheetasearch.com Removal Guide
Cheetasearch.com is a browser hijacker that comes from Imali Media Ltd. It can be added to the long list of other hijackers released by the company including Search.safesidetabsearch.com, Cooliosearch.com, Friendlyerror.com, Snjsearch.com, Search.wondrousmoviessearch.com, and more. It alters your browser settings upon arrival and causes other modifications, all of which are aimed at generating web traffic.
The hijacker affects all popular web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and others. We assure you, there is nothing beneficial about it to you as a computer user. It would be best not to waste any time, and terminate Cheetasearch.com as soon as possible.
How does Cheetasearch.com work?
The main symptom of the browser hijacker is that it changes your home page and default search provider replacing them with Cheetasearch.com. The website does not look too suspicious as it only contains a search box. However, if you see any advertising data on it, you should avoid interacting with it as it could be unsafe. The same can be stated about the sponsored links that you will be presented with, if you make use of your new search engine. If you want to go back to your original preferences, you will have to delete Cheetasearch.com.
Other symptoms associated with the browser hijacker include it flooding you with advertisements, causing redirects, slowing down your surfing speed, and tracking your cookies. It is important that you know that the ads shown to you are not monitored by anyone. They could be fake and lead you to unreliable domains. Interacting with these adverts may result in serious consequences including but not limited to financial losses and malware infections. In order to eliminate all of the above-mentioned symptoms from your browsers, you will have to uninstall Cheetasearch.com and its related application.
How to remove Cheetasearch.com?
Before you can eliminate Cheetasearch.com from your browsers for good, you will have to choose one of the two following removal options: manual or automatic. If you decide to delete Cheetasearch.com manually, you will have to uninstall its associated program and then restore your browser settings. These tasks are described in more detail in the instructions presented right below the article. Alternative solution is to remove Cheetasearch.com automatically. It requires you to implement an anti-malware utility. You can download one from our site. The security tool will not only scan and clean your system, but it will also provide you with online protection, so that you can be sure that your PC stays safeguarded in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Cheetasearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Cheetasearch.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Cheetasearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Cheetasearch.com and related programs.
Remove Cheetasearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Cheetasearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Cheetasearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Cheetasearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Cheetasearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Cheetasearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Cheetasearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Cheetasearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Cheetasearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Cheetasearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.