What is ChelfNotify?
ChelfNotify is an adware application that falls into the potentially unwanted program category (PUP). Adware unusually installs without your knowledge and once it does, it will cause all kinds of disturbances. It exists mainly to generate traffic and expose you to advertising content. Which means you will be bombarded with ads everywhere you go. Many users mistake such behavior with being malicious and might call ChelfNotify malware. But that is not the case. Adware is not classified as a malicious computer virus and it will not directly harm your computer. However, it can expose you to unsafe content. You need to be careful with adware and we suggest you delete ChelfNotify.
Why must I remove ChelfNotify?
If it’s on your computer, that means you recently installed freeware and used default settings. You probably already know this but adware can sometimes be attached to freeware in a way that allows it to install along with the freeware. This is why you need to pay attention to how you install something. If you use Default settings, you are making a big mistake. Those settings do not show you any added items so if something is attached, it will install automatically. Advanced (Custom) settings, however, do show you everything that is attached. When you use those settings, you will be able to deselect all added items and they will not install.
When ChelfNotify installs, it will attach itself to your browser (be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari) and insert ads everywhere. No matter what website you visit, you will be exposed to annoying ads. They will appear in various forms, such as pop-ups, slide-in and pop-under ads, and banners. The ads will offer you great deals and coupons, it will do anything to make you click on ads. Ads generated by adware are usually not to be trusted. Which is why suggest you do not click on them. Those great deals usually don’t even exist. Adware just want to generate traffic, it does not care if you save a $100 when buying something. You might also get pop-up suggesting you update or download a piece of software. Ignore them. Those downloads cannot be trusted. You could end up downloading malicious computer viruses instead on an update. Only trust official websites with these kinds of downloads. Ads generated by ChelfNotify could also expose you to unsafe domains and again, you could end up downloading malware. Additionally, ChelfNotify will slow down your computer because all the ads put a strain on your computer. It’s of no use to you and we suggest you delete ChelfNotify as soon as possible.
There are two ways to uninstall ChelfNotify. You can allow anti-malware software take care of ChelfNotify removal or your can remove ChelfNotify by hand. If you opt for manual, you will need to locate and uninstall ChelfNotify related applications yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove ChelfNotifyUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall ChelfNotify. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like ChelfNotify and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall ChelfNotify and related programs.
Remove ChelfNotify from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ChelfNotify from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ChelfNotify from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ChelfNotify from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ChelfNotify or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ChelfNotify from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ChelfNotify from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ChelfNotify from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ChelfNotify from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ChelfNotify and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.