What is Chipopo?
Chipopo is an adware application that causes advertisement related issues on your computer. You can obtain the browser extension from the official website and it is advertised to provide you with a ‘beautiful home page’. If you do not remember installing it and still experience Chipopo ads, it must have entered your computer via free software. When you installed free software, you missed Chipopo and that mistake allowed it to install alongside the software. It will not harm your computer directly as that is not its main intention.
However, it will expose you to advertisements and even questionable content. If you are not careful, you could end up with malware on your computer. We suggest you take the time to locate and remove Chipopo as soon as possible. You most likely do not need the encouragement as the never-ending ads will frustrate you to no end.
How is Chipopo distributed?
You can obtain this supposedly useful browser add-on from Chipopo.info. Or it could have slithered into your computer through free software. Oftentimes, freeware has adware or browser hijackers attached to it. Which is why users need to be extra vigilant during freeware installation processes. When installing free software, always use Advanced (Custom) settings. You will be given the option of deselecting everything that has been added. If you choose Default settings, however, you will end up allowing the added items to install, and you will not even know it. If you do not want to end up having to uninstall Chipopo or similar in the future, always choose Advanced.
Why delete Chipopo?
Once Chipopo installs onto your computer, it will immediately start generating advertisements in various forms, including pop-up and pop-under ads, banners and the typical adverts. Currently, Chipopo only affects Google Chrome but we do not suggest you leave the issue and use another browser. You still need to remove Chipopo. The most irritating ads will be the pop-ups as they will appear at random times no matter where you click. You might be offered to obtain software or download an update. Never download anything from random pop-ups as you will probably end up downloading malware instead. You should also avoid clicking on any ads while Chipopo is on your system as those ads might be hosted on malicious domains. If you were to enter such domains, you could pick up a malicious virus. In short, this adware will only expose you to ads and not bring anything of value. We suggest you delete Chipopo. You can then return to usual browsing.
In order to fully uninstall Chipopo, we suggest you obtain reliable removal software. Pick the suitable program and scan your computer. If this adware is found, erase Chipopo. If you do not want to get a removal program, you can opt for manual Chipopo removal. This is more time-consuming as you will have to locate Chipopo yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove ChipopoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Chipopo. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Chipopo and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Chipopo and related programs.
Remove Chipopo from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Chipopo from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Chipopo from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Chipopo from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Chipopo or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Chipopo from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Chipopo from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Chipopo from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Chipopo from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Chipopo and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.