Chromepage7.ru is a browser hijacker, also known as a redirect virus. If you notice that Chromepage7.ru has hijacked your browser, then you need to develop some new habits when it comes to installing freeware. Because that is how Chromepage7.ru infected your browser, when you carelessly installed freeware. Chromepage7.ru will alter your browser’s settings and redirect you to sponsored websites. And despite what many users might think, Chromepage7.ru is not a malicious computer virus and will not directly harm your computer. However, we can see why people would think that because Chromepage7.ru can expose you to unsafe content. Which is why we recommend you delete Chromepage7.ru as soon as possible.
Why do I need to delete Chromepage7.ru?
As mentioned before, Chromepage7.ru installs due to your carelessness. You might not be aware of this but freeware sometimes has browser hijackers and adware attached to it as optional items. If you rush through the installation in Default settings, you give those items the permission to install. If you use Advanced or Custom settings, however, you would be able to deselect added items. If you want to avoid having to uninstall Chromepage7.ru or similar useless items, always use Advanced settings during installation.
Because the main purpose of a browser hijacker is to generate traffic, it needs to redirect you to sponsored websites. In order to do that, it will need to alter your browser’s settings. You will suddenly find that Chromepage7.ru has set its domain as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. And it does not matter which browser you use because Chromepage7.ru can affect most of them (including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari). It might also prevent you from changing the settings back unless you first remove Chromepage7.ru from your computer. The search engine will insert sponsored websites into the search results and you will be led to websites that have little to do with what you were looking for. We recommend you avoid clicking on those results as you can never know where you will end up. You could even end up on a dangerous domain and accidentally download malicious software. If that were to happen, a browser hijacker would be the least of your problems. Uninstall Chromepage7.ru as soon as possible.
In order to remove Chromepage7.ru from your computer, we suggest you use anti-malware software. It will quickly locate and eliminate Chromepage7.ru from your computer, But if you do not have such a program, you can erase Chromepage7.ru by hand. But you will need to find and terminate Chromepage7.ru related applications yourself. Whichever way you choose, make sure you take care of Chromepage7.ru removal.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Chromepage7.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Chromepage7.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Chromepage7.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Chromepage7.ru and related programs.
Remove Chromepage7.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Chromepage7.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Chromepage7.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Chromepage7.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Chromepage7.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Chromepage7.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Chromepage7.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Chromepage7.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Chromepage7.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Chromepage7.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.