Chromesearch1.info is a browser hijacker that is promoting a dubious search engine. It must have entered your computer when you were installing freeware and did not pay close attention to the process. It was attached to the freeware and if you did not notice it, it was allowed to install. You need to be careful when installing programs you obtain from the Internet because you could end up with all kinds of unwanted programs.
Hijackers are not malicious but they are still rather aggravating. Your browser’s settings will be changed and you will be stuck with a new homepage until you remove Chromesearch1.info from your computer. The hijacker could even lead you to malicious web pages where malware could be lurking. If you want to avoid a possible malware infection, we strongly suggest you delete Chromesearch1.info from the system.
How does Chromesearch1.info spread?
Browser hijackers are spread using software bundles, which means that they are attached to free software in a way that allows them to install alongside. You can prevent them from doing so by choosing Advanced or Custom settings and deselecting what has been added. All you have to do is uncheck the boxes and you can proceed to install the freeware. Do not rush through the process because you might end up with all kinds of unwanted programs. And if you notice that you have already installed the hijacker, remove Chromesearch1.info and make sure that this does not happen again.
Why uninstall Chromesearch1.info?
Chromesearch1.info will become your homepage on all leading browsers installed on your computer, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. These changes are carried out without your permission and are irreversible unless you first delete Chromesearch1.info from the computer. The new homepage does not look reliable but it clearly tries to appear similar to Google. The provided search engine generates results via Google Custom Search which means it will inserts sponsored content into the results. This is done because hijackers earn income by generating traffic for those sites. So it is using you to make money but is not providing you with any beneficial features. You could even end up with a malicious computer virus this way. If you click on the wrong link, you could be led to a malware-ridden website and end up infecting your computer. Malware infections could have much more serious consequences compared to those caused by browser hijacker so you need to be careful. You can eliminate that possibility of a serious infection if you terminate Chromesearch1.info from the computer.
If you uninstall Chromesearch1.info fully, you should be able to change browser’s settings to normal and the redirects should stop. In order to completely erase Chromesearch1.info, we suggest you obtain professional removal software. The program is made to get rid of such threats without making it difficult for the user. However, you can also opt for manual Chromesearch1.info removal, for which we will provide instructions below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Chromesearch1.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Chromesearch1.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Chromesearch1.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Chromesearch1.info and related programs.
Remove Chromesearch1.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Chromesearch1.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Chromesearch1.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Chromesearch1.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Chromesearch1.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Chromesearch1.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Chromesearch1.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Chromesearch1.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Chromesearch1.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Chromesearch1.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.