Cleanresults.co Removal Instructions (Uninstall Cleanresults.co)
Cleanresults.co is a browser hijacker aimed at Mexican computer users, however, it can affect your browsers regardless of your location. The hijacker alters your browser settings including your home page and default search without your permission.
It also causes lots of other disturbances like redirecting you to its sponsor pages, inserting ads into your favorite sties, and more. It is rather unlikely that anyone would like to keep this annoying tool installed, because there is nothing beneficial about it. We advise that you eliminate Cleanresults.co as soon as possible and go back to your original browser preferences.
The most obvious symptom of the hijacker is that it replaces your home page and default search engine with Cleanresults.co. This page contains a search box and ads that may appear as an additional layer on the site and change each time you open it. If you click anywhere on the page, various pop-ups may appear on your screen. Using the hijacker’s search engine will not bring you positive results either. The results page will not only contain sponsored links, but it will also be filled with banners and other types of ads. It is clear that a website that constantly bombards you with advertisements cannot be used as your home page or your search provider.
Unfortunately, the hijacker’s advertising data will not be limited to its main page. It will appear in your browsers no matter where you go online. You should avoid interacting with it as there is no way you can trust it. Clicking on fake ads could result in serious trouble including but not limited to malware infections and financial losses. In addition to lowering your online safety level, the hijacker also decreases the speed of your computer and your Internet connection. If you wish to get rid of all of these unfavorable symptoms, you should terminate Cleanresults.co right away.
How to remove Cleanresults.co?
It is possible to delete Cleanresults.co manually, because it is not a malicious threat, however, you can also eliminate it with a malware removal tool. If you choose the latter option, you can download the anti-malware from our page. It will perform a system scan and detect all unwanted files and programs. The security software will remove Cleanresults.co along with other unreliable components. It will also safeguard your PC from other infections you may encounter while surfing online. If, on the other hand, you prefer to go with manual Cleanresults.co removal, you can use the instructions we have prepared below the article. They explain how you can delete Cleanresults.co related application from your computer and restore your browser settings.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Cleanresults.coUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Cleanresults.co. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Cleanresults.co and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Cleanresults.co and related programs.
Remove Cleanresults.co from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Cleanresults.co from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Cleanresults.co from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Cleanresults.co from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Cleanresults.co or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Cleanresults.co from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Cleanresults.co from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Cleanresults.co from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Cleanresults.co from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Cleanresults.co and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.