What is Cleanserp.net?
Like other browser hijackers, Cleanserp.net is advertised as a beneficial search tool that can provide you with the best search results and improve your overall online experience. Its real purpose, however, is completely different. The hijacker is used by its developers to earn revenue by exposing you to advertising data. It gets distributed through freeware and shareware bundles. Once inside, the hijacker alters your browser settings and takes other actions that disrupt your browsing. If you wish to go back to your original settings, you should terminate Cleanserp.net without delay.
How does Cleanserp.net work?
The reason we mentioned the hijacker’s distribution method is because it is rather misleading. Potentially unwanted apps use free software bundles, because it allows them to enter computers without the users’ notice. That is why it is so important to pay attention to the installation wizard of the software that you download from third party content hosting sites. As soon as the hijacker gets access to your PC, it replaces your home page and default search engine with Cleanserp.net. That, however, is not the only change that the hijacker makes.
As you most likely already noticed, the amount of ads you see online has dramatically increased after the hijacker’s arrival. You see various ads including pop-ups, links, banners, coupons, redirects, and other advertising data no matter which sites you visit. Every time you click on the adverts, the hijacker’s developers make money. That is why you will not be able to surf the Web without dealing with never-ending distractions. More than that, you should be aware of the fact that the ads are not monitored by anyone, so their safety is not guaranteed. You could click on a fake ad and end up on a corrupted domain, which could result in malware infection or other unwelcome consequences. We suggest that you do not let that happen by completing Cleanserp.net removal as soon as you can.
How to delete Cleanserp.net?
You can get rid of Cleanserp.net by uninstalling its related application from your computer and then restoring your browser settings. There are two ways you can do that. The more effective solution is automatic removal. To erase Cleanserp.net automatically, you will need to acquire a malware prevention and removal tool. If you implement the security utility from our site, it will scan your computer and detect all unreliable elements. The software will eliminate Cleanserp.net along with other suspect components. It will also keep your PC protected from various online parasites that you may encounter in the future. The alternative option is to remove Cleanserp.net manually. You are welcome to use the free scanner from our page, in case you are not sure which app arrived onto your computer with the hijacker, and follow the instructions below to complete all the necessary tasks.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Cleanserp.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Cleanserp.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Cleanserp.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Cleanserp.net and related programs.
Remove Cleanserp.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Cleanserp.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Cleanserp.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Cleanserp.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Cleanserp.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Cleanserp.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Cleanserp.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Cleanserp.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Cleanserp.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Cleanserp.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.