What is cltmng.exe?
Cltmng.exe is classified as a browser hijacker, which will change your web settings and prevent you from re-changing them. If your homepage is set to search.conduit.com, you should remove cltmng.exe as quikcly as you can. More than that, you will see cltmng.exe running in the Windows Task Manager. The program is not reliable and has to be eliminated right away. In addition, if you notice cltmng.exe infection on your PC, this means that you also have other browser add-ons such as the Conduit extension. You should not wait any longer and delete cltmng.exe before it has caused even more serious damage to your PC.
How did cltmng.exe hijack my computer’s system?
Cltmng.exe is bundled to browser add-ons that belong to Conduit. Such toolbars may be titled as Freecorder, Conduit Search or Iminent Community. You should pay very careful attention to the installation process because the unwanted programs are usually hidden there. You may also be asked whether you agree to change your homepage there. For instance, if you accept to get a new homepage during one of the previously mentioned toolbars’ installation, you will soon find search.conduit.com instead of your preferred homepage. Many computer users do not notice such questions. Hence, they end up having to deal with cltmng.exe removal.
Why do I need to delete cltmng.exe from my computer?
Your web surfing experience will definitely get worse, if you decide to keep cltmng.exe. This is especially annoying because your computer’s slow downs will be caused by irritating ads. The commercial material will follow you everywhere during your browsing time. More than that, the application will redirect you to search.conduit.com without asking for your consent. The only way to get your normal Internet speed back is to uninstall cltmng.exe once and for all.
You should know that any application that is categorized as a browser hijacker has to be eliminated without hesitation. Such programs may be harmful to your computer and might attract the attention of even more serious malware. Therefore, cltmng.exe removal is only for the best of your computer’s system.
How can I remove cltmng.exe from my PC?
If you get rid of cltmng.exe manually, you will need to eliminate the Conduit browser extension. The add-on is the reason why cltmng.exe has been installed to your computer in the first place. You may follow our manual removal guide bellow in order to learn more about cltmng.exe elimination.
However, we do not advise you to use the manual method, if you have never terminated any other hijackers before. You should know that even if you make just a couple of mistakes, the hijacker may still find its way to your computer. More than that, your PC might contract other malicious software as well.
For the automatic removal method, you solely need to install a reliable malware removal software. If you keep the software up to date, you will not have to face similar threats in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove cltmng.exeUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall cltmng.exe. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like cltmng.exe and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall cltmng.exe and related programs.
Remove cltmng.exe from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall cltmng.exe from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete cltmng.exe from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove cltmng.exe from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for cltmng.exe or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete cltmng.exe from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase cltmng.exe from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove cltmng.exe from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall cltmng.exe from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable cltmng.exe and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.