What is Cool Media Tab?
Cool Media Tab is classified as a potentially unwanted an ad-supported application. It is promoted on its official page (coolmediatab.com) as a tool that can allow you to watch movies, TV shows, sports, music videos, and more. It may seem like a useful app for media fans, however, you should know that the program comes with quite a few drawbacks. It belongs to Imali Media Ltd., a company that is infamous for its ad-supported applications and browser hijackers including Search.safesidetabsearch.com, Tabnewsearch.com, NewTabTV Plus, Fcb-search.com, MediaNewTab, and more. We suggest that you delete Cool Media Tab from your computer without further delay.
How does Cool Media Tab work?
Although Cool Media Tab has an official webpage, it is much more likely that it entered your PC through a free software bundle than that you actually downloaded it yourself. Potentially unwanted programs travel in free software bundles in an attempt to enter your system without your notice. They usually success in doing so, because computer users rarely check the installation wizard carefully. However, that is exactly what you should do, if you wish to avoid similar apps in the future. We advise that you always choose Advanced installation mode and decline all additional offers presented to you.
The main change that you will notice after you install Cool Media Tab is that your browsers will be flooded with never-ending ads. You will see pop-ups, banners, video ads, hyperlinks, coupons, and other advertisements. You will also experience redirects when trying to visit your favorite websites. There is no doubt that these activities will slow down your Internet surfing speed. They will also lower your online security level as some of the adverts will be fake. If you do not want to risk your system’s safety for no good reason, you should uninstall Cool Media Tab as soon as possible.
How to remove Cool Media Tab?
Luckily, Cool Media Tab removal should not be at all complicated. You can uninstall the program manually or automatically. If you choose to erase Cool Media Tab manually, you can use the instructions we have prepared below this article. If, on the other hand, you decide to terminate Cool Media Tab automatically, you will need to implement a malware removal and prevention tool. The anti-malware will perform a system scan and detect all unwanted files and programs. It will then delete Cool Media Tab along with other potential threats. Moreover, the security application also functions as a malware prevention utility, which means that it will safeguard your PC as long you keep it installed and updated.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Cool Media TabUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Cool Media Tab. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Cool Media Tab and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Cool Media Tab and related programs.
Remove Cool Media Tab from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Cool Media Tab from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Cool Media Tab from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Cool Media Tab from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Cool Media Tab or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Cool Media Tab from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Cool Media Tab from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Cool Media Tab from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Cool Media Tab from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Cool Media Tab and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.