What is CryPy Virus?
CryPy Virus enters computers to encrypt personal files. It does that to be able to ask users to pay money. You can be sure that you have encountered this serious computer infection if your all files are encrypted and you see that they have the .encrypt extension. Unfortunately, CryPy Virus encrypts all personal files it finds on the computer, for example, you will no longer be able to access your documents, music files, pictures, etc. These files will not be unlocked even if you delete CryPy Virus from your computer, but you need to remove CryPy Virus as soon as possible in order not to experience other serious problems. It will be hard to uninstall CryPy Virus from the system because this threat makes many modifications on the computer. Of course, there is still a way to get rid of this infection.
What does CryPy Virus do?
CryPy Virus locks files and then displays a message on the screen with instructions. Also, you will see the CryPy .txt file on Desktop. This file also tells users that “all the files including videos, photos and documents on your computer have been encrypted by this software.” If you read the .txt file and the message placed on your Desktop, you will find out quickly that you need to transfer the particular amount of money to unlock your files. It seems that the ransom cyber criminals who have developed CryPy Virus ask fluctuates between 0.5 and 1.5 Bitcoin (1 Bitcoin is approximately $611), which means that the decryptor is quite expensive. Researchers do not encourage users to pay money cyber criminals require because there is a possibility that nobody will give them the decryptor. Yes, you might not get the key for decrypting files even if you make a payment. We hope that you will not give your money to cyber criminals, but if you decide differently, you should know that you still need to delete CryPy Virus from your computer.
Where does CryPy Virus come from?
CryPy Virus acts like other ransomware infections, e.g. Zepto Ransomware, Flyper Ransomware, and JohnyCryptor Ransomware. Therefore, this infection also enters computers without permission. It has been found that it might be spread through spam email attachments, Trojans, fake software updaters, and P2P networks. In some cases, it might be really hard to prevent malware from entering the computer, so we suggest that you install an antimalware tool to protect your PC. Do this right after you remove CryPy Virus.
How can I get rid of CryPy Virus?
We do not recommend going for the manual CryPy Virus removal because it is a difficult process. Instead, we suggest that you erase it automatically. All you need to do to implement the automatic CryPy Virus removal is to install a trustworthy tool and scan the system with it. As has already been mentioned, your personal files will not be unlocked for you, but, at least, you will protect your future files and be able to use your PC normally.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove CryPy virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall CryPy virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like CryPy virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete CryPy virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove CryPy virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove CryPy virus
Remove CryPy virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete CryPy virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete CryPy virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete CryPy virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.