What is Directions Builder?
Directions Builder is a browser hijacker that is advertised as a tool that will help you plan your journey easier. Developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc, this application will hijack your browser and make unwanted changes. Since it is a legitimate toolbar, it is available for download from the official web page but as a lot of Mindspark products, DirectionsBuilder can also infect your computer via software bundles, without you noticing. It is not going to harm your computer as it is not a virus but you should be cautious, nevertheless. Browser hijackers can sometimes expose users to unreliable content, which could lead to a malware infection on your computer. It is up to you if you wish to keep this toolbar on your computer but we recommend you remove DirectionsBuilder from your system.
Why should you uninstall Directions Builder?
If you do not recall downloading DirectionsBuilder yourself, it could have entered via software bundles. It might have been attached to free software which allowed it to install without you noticing. When installing freeware, you must use Advanced (Custom) settings. If you do, you will see a clear list of what has been added to the freeware you are installing and if need be, you can deselect everything. The reason DirectionsBuilder is installed on your computer is because you choose Default settings when you installed freeware. The toolbar was hiding in Advanced and because it is not shown in Default, you were not made aware of it, therefore, were unable to deselect it. Had you paid more attention, you might not need to delete DirectionsBuilder from your computer at the moment.
DirectionsBuilder is supposed to help you plan your journeys better as it grants you access to maps and various train/bus schedules. While that might certainly be useful, it also sets a different homepage, new tabs and search engine. When you open your browser (be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) you will be forced to deal with a new homepage. It should also be noted that you cannot change the settings back to what they were unless you first uninstall DirectionsBuilder from your computer. The new homepage will suggest you use the provided search engine. We suggest you do not. Mindspark search engines are known to include sponsored websites into the results so that they could generate pay-per-click revenue for those pages. This is not unusual as most hijacker do this. The thing about these redirects is that browser hijackers do not ensure that the websites you would be led to are safe. You could end up on a dangerous web page and download malware if you are not careful. We suggest you delete DirectionsBuilder.
If you choose to remove DirectionsBuilder, you have two options. You can employ a reliable removal tool to help you erase DirectionsBuilder or you can do it manually. We will provide instructions for manual DirectionsBuilder removal but it should not de difficult to eliminate DirectionsBuilder fully.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Directions BuilderUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Directions Builder. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Directions Builder and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Directions Builder and related programs.
Remove Directions Builder from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Directions Builder from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Directions Builder from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Directions Builder from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Directions Builder or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Directions Builder from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Directions Builder from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Directions Builder from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Directions Builder from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Directions Builder and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- directions builder
- how to uninstall directions builder from a mac
- remove directions builder from computer
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.