How to delete DNS Unlocker (Uninstall DNS Unlocker)
DNS Unlocker is an application that claims it can allow you to access blocked websites. Certain webpages are blocked by government or Internet providers and supposedly the program can help you open them anyway. Unfortunately, those are nothing but false promises and the main purpose of the software has nothing to do with your convenience.
DNS Unlocker is classified as an ad-supported application, because it floods you with commercial data. Various advertisements appear in all of your browsers and on all of your visited pages. If you want to get rid of these unnecessary ads, you have to terminate DNS Unlocker.
How does DNS Unlocker work?
DNS Unlocked travels bundled with freeware and shareware. It is possible that you did not even notice it during the installation of some other free program. You should always be attentive when installing freeware, because it may not enter your computer alone. The adware has been linked to various potentially unwanted applications, meaning that is very likely that you have additional unwanted software on your PC. If that is the case you should eliminate DNS Unlocker together with other unwanted programs.
After DNS Unlocker gets installed it inserts various pop-ups, banners and other types of ads into your browsers. The adware was created using CloudGuard/CloudScout platform, which is why some of the advertisements you see are labeled “Ads by CloudScout”, “Ads by FlashMail” and so on. You should keep in mind that these commercials may be unreliable, so it would be best to stay away from them. If you click on a fake advert, you will land on a corrupted site, where you could infect your PC with malware without even realizing it or fall victim to some other online scam. If you want to make certain that never happens to you, you should delete DNS Unlocker from your PC.
How to remove DNS Unlocker?
There are two ways you can remove DNS Unlocker from your computer: manually or automatically. If you choose manual removal, you can follow the instructions presented below. However, we recommend that you go with automatic DNS Unlocker removal instead, especially if you have other unwanted applications in your system. Download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to scan your PC. It will detect all potential threats and erase DNS Unlocker along with them. Moreover, the utility will continue being useful in the future as it also functions as a malware prevention measure.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove DNS UnlockerUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall DNS Unlocker. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like DNS Unlocker and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall DNS Unlocker and related programs.
Remove DNS Unlocker from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall DNS Unlocker from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete DNS Unlocker from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove DNS Unlocker from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for DNS Unlocker or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete DNS Unlocker from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase DNS Unlocker from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove DNS Unlocker from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall DNS Unlocker from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable DNS Unlocker and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- dns unlocker removal
- dns unlocker removal tool
- DNS Unlocker Removal Windows 7
- free dns unlocker removal tool
- dns unlocker remove
- remove dns unlocker
- dns unlocker virus
- how to remove dns unlocker
- DNS Unlocker Free Removal Tool
- how to uninstall dns unlocker
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.