Dozen Search Removal Instructions
Dozen Search (or Dozensearch.com) is a browser hijacker that claims to be a global leader in search engine marketing. It is clear from the beginning that its main purpose is to boost web traffic. That is why it changes your browser settings, floods you with ads, causes redirects to unfamiliar sites, and more.
The developers of the hijacker make profit by promoting their sponsors. It does not bother them that those sponsors may not be trustworthy at all. If you wish to improve you online safety level and fix your browser settings, you will have to terminate Dozen Search.
One thing you do not need to worry about is that Dozen Search will harm your system. It cannot do that on its own. However, you will still notice various disruptions that the hijacker causes, the most obvious being your browser settings modifications. Your new home page and default search engine, Dozensearch.com, does not differ much from other search portals. It may contain various ads, which we do not recommend clicking on. The same can be stated about the sponsored links that may appear in your search results.
In fact, you should know that other advertising data that appears on all pages that you visit is there because of the hijacker as well. It floods you with ads and causes redirects in order to make money. Unfortunately, the advertisements are not endorsed by it, and they could be fake. It is not a good idea to click on them, because doing so could lead to various problems including malware infections and financial losses. If you want to make sure that you do not fall for any virtual scams, you should avoid all adverts until you delete Dozen Search for good. This will also eliminate other issues related to the hijacker like slow Internet connection, redirects, tracking cookies, and so on.
How to remove Dozen Search?
The safest way to remove Dozen Search from your browsers is by implementing a malware removal tool. You can download the utility from our page and use it to scan and clean your system. The security tool will perform a full system scan and detect all unwanted components. It will not only uninstall Dozen Search, but also remove other unwanted files and programs. Alternatively, you can delete Dozen Search manually by following the instructions presented below this chapter. Manual Dozen Search removal requires you to uninstall the hijacker’s related software and edit your browser settings. If you follow the removal guide carefully, you should not have any issues with these tasks.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Dozensearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Dozensearch.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Dozensearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Dozensearch.com and related programs.
Remove Dozensearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Dozensearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Dozensearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Dozensearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Dozensearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Dozensearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Dozensearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Dozensearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Dozensearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Dozensearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.