What is Dozensearch.com?
Dozensearch.com is identical to a number of other browser hijackers that are aimed at Mac users. These include Search.lunaticake.com, Search.motagebox.com, Search.installmac.com, and many more. The purpose of the hijacker is to boost web traffic, which is why it alters your browser settings, causes redirects, adds commercial data to your visited sites, and more. The creators of the hijacker make profit each time you click on the advertising content, however, there is nothing useful about it for you as a computer user. We advise that you delete Dozensearch.com without hesitation.
How does Dozensearch.com work?
The main symptom of Dozensearch.com is that it alters your home page and default search engine. This site appears in your browsers at all times. It contains a search box and if you use it, you will get results from Genieo Yahoo Search. These results will include sponsored links. The advertising data will appear on other pages as well. It will include pop-ups, coupons, banners, hyperlinks, and more. This data is not monitored by anyone, so it could be fake. You should avoid clicking on it, if you do not wish to risk infecting your PC with unwanted or malicious programs. You may be exposed to other scams as well.
In addition to injecting unsafe content into your browsers, the hijacker also slows down your surfing speed and system performance. You should also know that it tracks your cookies to collect details of your online behavior. These details can be used for marketing purposes or sold to third parties. They are non-personally identifiable, however, that does not mean that you should share them with unknown parties. If you wish to eliminate all of these symptoms, you should get rid of Dozensearch.com as soon as possible.
How to remove Dozensearch.com?
Fortunately, you can terminate Dozensearch.com manually. This can be done by uninstalling its related application from your computer and restoring your browser settings. Manual Dozensearch.com removal guide is presented below the article and you are welcome to use it, should you go choose to go with this option. If, on the other hand, you prefer to erase Dozensearch.com and other threats that may be present on your PC automatically, you will have to implement a malware prevention and removal tool. The utility will perform a system scan and detect all potential issues. It will eliminate Dozensearch.com without any difficulty. It will also keep your computer protected from similar and more serious online parasites.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Dozensearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Dozensearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Dozensearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Dozensearch.com and related programs.
Remove Dozensearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Dozensearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Dozensearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Dozensearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Dozensearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Dozensearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Dozensearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Dozensearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Dozensearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Dozensearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.