What is Duckduckgo.com?
If you keep seeing annoying advertisements coming from the domain Duckduckgo.com, you should know that your computer might be infected with malicious software. It is not always the case, though. Sometimes users discover an advertisement with Duckduckgo.com in the address bar opened for them when they simply end up on an untrustworthy page which contains ads coming from this advertising server.
In this case, it will be enough to close the web browser. Unfortunately, this rarely helps to remove Duckduckgo.com from browsers. Usually, users find advertisements opened on their screens again sooner or later. If you keep seeing advertisements on your screen periodically as well, it is very likely that you will need to erase malware installed on your computer to implement the full Duckduckgo.com removal. The exact name of an untrustworthy program is unknown, so we cannot promise that it will be easy to find it and delete it. Consequently, it will not be very easy to uninstall Duckduckgo.com ads from the screen either. Of course, we will help you with that further in this article.
How does Duckduckgo.com work?
Duckduckgo.com is nothing more than an advertising domain, so all kinds of advertisements are coming from it. In most cases, users make complaints that they see pop-up advertisements opened on their screens without their permission. No matter what types of ads are displayed to you, do not click on them because they might redirect you to untrustworthy pages. Not all the ads shown by Duckduckgo.com will cause you harm, but, unfortunately, you cannot know in advance which of the ads displayed by it will cause harm and which are harmless. Because of this, ignoring all ads is highly recommended. Of course, we still cannot promise that you will be completely safe because it is possible to click on those advertisements accidentally. It does not mean that you cannot delete Duckduckgo.com pop-ups from your screen. No ads will show up on your screen again if you delete an untrustworthy application generating them on your screen. First, let’s discuss how it could have entered your PC and then we will talk about the Duckduckgo.com removal in detail.
How did an undesirable program enter my PC?
We have almost no doubt that you see ads on your screen because of an active malicious application on your computer. It could have entered your computer illegally in a software bundle, or you could have downloaded it from the web yourself. Delete an untrustworthy application from your PC no matter what. The last paragraph will tell you how to do that.
How do I remove Duckduckgo.com pop-ups?
If the reason you see Duckduckgo.com pop-ups on your screen is an active adware or another malicious application on your computer, your only chance to delete Duckduckgo.com ads is to find and erase that untrustworthy program from your system. If you cannot find it anywhere, you should let an automated scanner find and erase it for you. Of course, you will need to download it from the web first and install it on your PC.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove DuckduckgoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Duckduckgo. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Duckduckgo and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Duckduckgo and related programs.
Remove Duckduckgo from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Duckduckgo from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Duckduckgo from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Duckduckgo from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Duckduckgo or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Duckduckgo from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Duckduckgo from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Duckduckgo from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Duckduckgo from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Duckduckgo and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.