What is E–1.ru?
E–1.ru is a website that should allow people to search for items on eBay more conveniently. Even though it stands on the Russian (.ru) domain, it targets people from all around the world. If this website is loaded for you every time you open your browser, it means that a filthy browser hijacker is inside the computer. It needs to be erased to delete E–1.ru from browsers. If you do not do anything, it will stay set as your homepage, search tool, and New Tab.
In other words, you will always see it. E–1.ru does not seem to be dangerous, but it might cause problems during a short period of time. You just need to uninstall E–1.ru fully from browsers to prevent these problems from arising. It will not be very easy to implement the E–1.ru removal since this website is a part of a browser hijacker, but we are sure you will be able to take care of it yourself after reading what we have to say about its deletion.
What does E–1.ru do?
We are sure you will sooner or later find the presence of E–1.ru quite irritating because this website will be opened for you every day. Actually, it is not the only reason you should go to delete E–1.ru from your browsers. It has been found that this web page might redirect people to untrustworthy sites with dangerous software. On top of that, it might record information about you, for example, what you are searching for on eBay in order to display advertisements for you. The information collected by such untrustworthy search tools might be shared with third parties and, finally, be sent to bad people. Nobody knows where this information they receive will be used, so problems associated with the privacy might arise. This will not happen if you remove E–1.ru today.
How is E–1.ru distributed?
The developer of E–1.ru uses a deceptive marketing method to distribute this questionable website. It is called bundling. Generally speaking, this website is set on browsers when users install a particular free application from the web. Be careful with programs promoted on third-party websites because they are often spread with malicious applications. Of course, this might not be enough to protect the computer, so the installation of software for protecting the computer from harm is recommended too. It must be installed right after the E–1.ru removal if you do not want to find your browsers’ settings changed again.
How can I remove E–1.ru?
The only way to make E–1.ru gone from all browsers is to find and delete a browser hijacker from the system. This computer infection is really stubborn, so setting a new website as homepage/default search tool/New Tab might not be effective at all. If you cannot get rid of this website yourself, scan your PC with a legitimate antimalware/antispyware tool. It would be best not to download such a tool from a third-party website because 99% that it would be bad.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove E--1.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall E--1.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like E--1.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall E--1.ru and related programs.
Remove E--1.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall E--1.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete E--1.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove E--1.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for E--1.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete E--1.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase E--1.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove E--1.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall E--1.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable E--1.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.