Ebd123 Search Removal Instructions (Delete Ebd123.com)
Ebd123.com is Brazilian browser hijacker that is related to Hao123.com. It can modify your browser settings without your permission. The hijacker spreads bundled with freeware and shareware. Once in the system, it replaces your home page and default search engine. It also adds commercial content into your browsers and redirects you to its associated sites.
This is done in order to boost online traffic, which is how the creators of the program make profit. You should not hesitate to remove Ebd123 Search from your browsers, because it lowers your online security level and disrupts your online surfing experience.
How does Ebd123.com work?
Ebd123.com works in a similar manner to Hao123.com and some other browser hijackers. It enters your PC together with other freeware and modifies your browser settings such as your home page and default search provider. The site which now appears on your screen every time you go online contains lots of quick access buttons and links, which are divided into several categories: Games, TV Online, Music, Movies, Sports, and more. The site also presents you with a search box. If you enter a query into it, you will see customized Google search results. These results will include sponsored ads and links. We do not recommend clicking on them. You should also stay away from other adverts related to the hijacker as they may be fake.
The hijacker employs tracking cookies in order to collect information about your surfing habits. It records which pages you visit, how long you stay on them, what searches you make, and so on. This data is used to personalize the ads displayed on your visited sites in order to increase the chances of you actually clicking on them. Every time you click on one of the advertisements, the developers of the hijacker make profit. If you do not want to be exposed to unreliable commercials any longer, you should uninstall Ebd123 Search.
How to remove Ebd123.com?
It is not that difficult to delete Ebd123 Search from your browsers. First, you need to uninstall the hijacker’s associated program and then restore your browser settings. You can find instructions on how to complete both of these tasks in the manual Ebd123.com removal guide below. Alternatively, you can implement the anti-malware tool promoted on our page and scan your system. It will detect all potential threats and terminate Ebd123 Search. In addition to Ebd123.com removal, you will also have a powerful security utility, which will prevent other online infections from entering your PC in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Ebd123 SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Ebd123 Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Ebd123 Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Ebd123 Search and related programs.
Remove Ebd123 Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Ebd123 Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Ebd123 Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Ebd123 Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Ebd123 Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Ebd123 Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Ebd123 Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Ebd123 Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Ebd123 Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Ebd123 Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.