Esurf.biz Removal Guide (Delete Esurf.biz)
Esurf.biz is a suspicious browser hijacker and a PUP (potentially unwanted program) that was developed by Navigation Network Co., Limited. The hijacker is targeted towards people who live in Mexico. It is strongly advisable to remove Esurf.biz from your computer system because it might cause you some irreversible damage. Esurf.biz changes your default search engine, homepage, and new tab without your permission. It is known to be able to infect the major browsers as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer.
The funny thing is that some users find it useful: the homepage is full of various shortcuts to most popular pages like Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest. Also, it provides you with links to games, videos, news, shopping websites, etc. Despite this fact, the browser hijacker shouldn’t be trusted and users have to delete Esurf.biz as soon as they notice its presence.
Why can Esurf.biz be dangerous?
Changing your browser settings is just one of the threatening things that Esurf.biz does to your PC. First of all, all you search queries will be redirected to Google Custom Search page. This means that you will get not only the legitimate results, but also a list of sponsored links that look exactly as if they were real results. In most cases, such third-party links are not safe to open. The website that you are redirected to might be corrupted. In other words, your computer may get infected with viruses and malware. This fact can have some negative consequences, for example, a slower speed of your PC, system freezes, or information loss. The second big issue is commercial ads. The search engine displays many ads that you may click accidentally. You might encounter annoying pop-up windows, banners, or in-text ads. You should know that each time you click a third-party ad, you generate revenue for its creators. If you don’t want to support this system and get infected with viruses, uninstall Esurf.biz as soon as possible.
How did my PC get infected with Esurf.biz?
The browser hijacker has no official website to be distributed from, so the only option for it to travel across the Internet is software bundles. You can get freeware and shareware bundles from suspicious websites such as torrent sites. It is better to download software from official, safe pages. If you insist on using P2P sites, at least read everything provided on the Installation Wizard. Usually, there is a list of programs and you can uncheck the unwanted ones.
How to remove Esurf.biz from my PC?
It is likely that Esurf.biz has brought some company. For this reason, it is advisable to use a legitimate anti-spyware application to delete all the infections. Even if you insist on manual Esurf.biz removal, you should scan the PC afterwards to remove Esurf.biz and other threats in order to have a malware-free computer.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Esurf.bizUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Esurf.biz. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Esurf.biz and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Esurf.biz and related programs.
Remove Esurf.biz from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Esurf.biz from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Esurf.biz from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Esurf.biz from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Esurf.biz or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Esurf.biz from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Esurf.biz from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Esurf.biz from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Esurf.biz from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Esurf.biz and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.